Author Topic: child devices on new profile  (Read 2386 times)

iberium

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Innovative Sight & Sound
child devices on new profile
« on: December 29, 2013, 04:14:55 pm »
How do I create a new device profile that contains child devices.  This way when I go and add the new device,  the child devices automatically come in?  It's just ir control,  so I don't want to go about creating a DCE device.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: child devices on new profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 06:01:54 pm »
Maybe you want to tell us about the bigger picture what exactly you want to achieve.

iberium

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Innovative Sight & Sound
Re: child devices on new profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 07:45:19 pm »
I have an Onkyo Integra 3 zone receiver,  and currently i have three seperate devices for each zone.  this works fine using ir control, but id really like to use ip control for my other zones.  so currently i have the main zone as ip control and the others doing ir.  the reason for this is that once i use a room ip,  then the other zones can't be controlled.  i would like to have the other zones as child devices.  can i just add the other devices that ive already created as child devices to the main zone and have it work that way or do i need to modify the main zone to have template #1867 for my other zones.  i've been trying to do it this way using 1867, but i don't see how to define the inputs to the other zones.