Author Topic: Controlling AV equipment - peculiar behavior  (Read 2562 times)

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Controlling AV equipment - peculiar behavior
« on: December 11, 2013, 04:23:14 pm »
I've got 3 devices I'm controlling in my theatre room:

1) Projector (via RS232)
2) HDMI Switch (via RS232)
3) Audio Receiver (via IR)

This is LMCE 10.04 by the way. I've configured connections in the connection wizard as appropriate.

From orbiter, under advanced->infrared codes I can successfully and consistently control each piece of equipment (change inputs and power on/off) individually. However, orbiter actions which should control all three devices appear to be flaky. An example - All devices are off, I select Xbox scenario from orbiter, Projector turns on, HDMI switch does NOT turn on, audio receiver turns on and switches to correct input. The next time I try it, everything might work properly, or else a different component might fail to power on or switch inputs.

The HDMI switch won't switch to an input if there's no signal present, so yes I am making sure there's signal present first before executing scenarios.

I realize there could be various reasons for this, and I have more debugging to do in logs, etc, but I wanted to get this out there just in case there's a known bug or something that people are aware of.

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
Re: Controlling AV equipment - peculiar behavior
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 04:44:52 pm »
Might be worth sticking a 10 second delay between each command, just in the name of science.

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 02:09:29 am »
My connection diagram is attached.

Can't seem to reproduce the issues I was having before. The only issue I'm still consistently having is that from a powered-off state selecting the Xbox or Chromecast scenario in orbiter, only the SHAC-500D and HDMI Switch turn on. It seems the system looks at devices only one connection downstream.

If I want all downstream devices to turn on, how should I configure this?

iberium

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Innovative Sight & Sound
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 04:03:33 pm »
I would double check all of you "controlled by" settings and make sure they are correct.  I've got a large setup where i dont have any devices straight to an endpoint and everything works just fine (all devices no matter where they are in the signal flow are controller properly).  The only problem I have ever had with devices being controller were with IP devices where i needed several connections simulataneously (ex,  my AVR has multiple zones and they are all IP controlled).