Author Topic: zwave dimmable light switches  (Read 3717 times)

mikeybs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
zwave dimmable light switches
« on: November 13, 2013, 05:12:45 am »
For some reason when I add a new zwave dimmable light switch, the orbiters only show on/off controls for the new switch instead of also showing the dimming controls (10% 30% 50% 70% 90%).  This has been happening to me with a fresh install of 1004.  Funny thing though, if I take the zwave usb stick from the existing install where the newly added dimmable light switches have on/off control, and plug it into a fresh 1004 install then all the dimmable light switches that I added on the previous installation show up and they all have their dimming controls on the orbiters.

I thought maybe I could workaround this by deleting the newly added switch and then letting linuxmce readd it for me (hopefully with the dimming controls), but that did not work.  It readded the switch, but still with only on/off controls.  The only way I have been able to get the dimming control into the orbiters is to take the zwave stick to a fresh install of linuxmce....

mikeybs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: zwave dimmable light switches
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 05:44:51 am »
ok, I was able to work around it by adding in all my dimmable switches, then deleting the entire zwave interface, then letting linuxmce readd the zwave interface along with all the dimmable switches it has associated with it.  Now I have dimming controls on my orbiters for all the dimmable switches  :)

not a very elegant way of achieving the result though...

Maybe I'm missing something?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 06:02:25 am »
This is very strange, and I'm curious if this issue persists with the 1204 driver, which is now based on OZW... hm

-Thom

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:48:05 pm »
mikeybs,

Would I be right in saying that you do not use a floorplan, and you just see the switches in a list?

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 02:00:48 pm »
I noticed the same thing, however as I always control my lights from custom scenarios which I write (I never use floorplan or list controls in orbiter) it's not a big problem for me.

mikeybs

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 07:19:40 pm »
that is correct, I am not using a floor plan, just a list of switches at this point

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 09:25:51 am »
that is correct, I am not using a floor plan, just a list of switches at this point

Try adding a floorplan, just any old image for now, and set up the light switches using the wizard in web admin (drag the squares onto the image), reload/regen, then looks at the lights on the floorplan in the orbiter, see if that fixes the issue.

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps