Author Topic: Need help!  (Read 14543 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Need help!
« on: November 10, 2013, 04:08:41 pm »
Ok, so after QOrbiter has hit the general user populace, a huge glaring problem has shown its face. location that it actually exists in.

As it stands now
*Rooms that one not might want set to manual, are set to manual, with new ea's added for the new media targets.
This presents a problem of both clutter in the old ui (EA's are treated as rooms, thus every device shows up as an additional room) Its really bad and I dont know how to fix it.

*When I play media on an android tablet, I get lights dimming and such. This is more likely not the desired action in this _new_ context. So its something else to be considered.

I have made changes to the qorbiter DT to allow for specifying what form factor it is (workstation, tablet, phone, md, god knows what else will be invented. watches you say?)

Now, the 'solution' i have for the moment is that they should all exist in a room called 'Mobile Orbiters' or something.
This would let them operate independent of a location they may or may not be tied to re: the automation options.
Users could still choose other rooms as normal, but this one would be specific to mobile devices.

It doesn't do much for the longer list of 'Rooms' on the old orbiter. they assume a 1 to one mapping and it doesn't seem i can change that.

And finally, I need seriously help writing the mysql queries to
*Make the 'Mobile Orbiters' Room show up when people add a QOrbiter, then add the subsequent new EA in that room
*Look at how we branch to do this as well OrbiterGen. Right now its done in php, which is fine with me for prototyping, but I feel like it would be messy to leave orbitergen spread over two places.

Thanks

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Need help!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 07:54:24 pm »
Langston,

in my opinion, all mobile devices can be added to multiple ea's in 1 room. But i would like to see this room 'hidden' in all other orbiters, and on the mobile device you can only select your own device.

I have no idea is this is possible, and what would be needed. just want to share my opinion.

At the moment i have very little spare time, but i would like to volunteer. I dont know much about mysql, but i know i can learn about it.

Anton

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:01:38 am »
Langston,

in my opinion, all mobile devices can be added to multiple ea's in 1 room. But i would like to see this room 'hidden' in all other orbiters, and on the mobile device you can only select your own device.

I have no idea is this is possible, and what would be needed. just want to share my opinion.

At the moment i have very little spare time, but i would like to volunteer. I dont know much about mysql, but i know i can learn about it.

Anton

The UI part isnt so difficult as deciding architecturally how we want to deal with devices than travel around the home (world?!) that still are part of linuxmce.

Help will be appreciated, first and foremost for creating scenarios based on device data.
Android gets x media scenarios
iOs gets y media scenarios

desktop get normal ones, etc

-Langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 01:15:06 am »
You made me think about that "world" comment...
Should there be a VPN client in qorbiter, well perhaps)))

Is there already a feedback of the device type (android, ios, phone, tablet) when first connecting? or should there be an option in the web admin for creating these different scenarios?

In my opinion, the scenarios should be more based on device type, instead of brand. ie: phone, tablet, full blown md
The more i think about this, i think there are only 2 different types, mobile, and full blown md.

What about bluetooth? The md can detect the bluetooth mobile device, and automaticly place it in the correct room.

Just thinking out loud,
Anton

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 07:19:26 pm »
And finally, I need seriously help writing the mysql queries to
*Make the 'Mobile Orbiters' Room show up when people add a QOrbiter, then add the subsequent new EA in that room
*Look at how we branch to do this as well OrbiterGen. Right now its done in php, which is fine with me for prototyping, but I feel like it would be messy to leave orbitergen spread over two places.
I'm pretty good with SQL. What areas are concerned here? Is this all in the orbitergen?

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 03:04:34 am »
I'm pretty good with SQL. What areas are concerned here? Is this all in the orbitergen?

Yeah. Im working towards different types which will have different capabilities. We'll kinda need to be nimble with changes in this area and it takes me like a week to figure out a join...

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 05:04:16 am »

Yeah. Im working towards different types which will have different capabilities. We'll kinda need to be nimble with changes in this area and it takes me like a week to figure out a join...
ROFL! OK, send me some stuff you need figured out. Point me in a direction and I'll give you back a query. Just list your requirements and what you have. I'm not a DBA but I do a ton of SQL work. So much so that I pronounce it squeal.

mkbrown69

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 01:30:49 am »
I'm not a DBA but I do a ton of SQL work. So much so that I pronounce it squeal.

Does it make you squeal with delight, or frustration?   ;)

/Mike

SELECT * FROM work.frustrations LIMIT 10;

Man I wish I could limit it to 10...

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 01:44:59 am »
Inner join boss on boss.complaintNo=work.jobNo
Order by boss.frustration-level;

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 01:41:24 am »
1st thing i need.

php function that

Takes a device number
checks its a qorbiter
checks if its assigned to an EA
makes sure that the EA name is the device description.
makes sure that ea is in 'Mobile QOrbiters' Room
make sure the room is set to unmanaged type.

then, it should
create the following media scenarios
*Audio
*Radio (streaming stations)
*manage drives
*pictures
*playlists
IF the device data for video support is true, add a videos scenario

The scenarios should only be in the Mobile QOrbiters EA

The plan is to roll your code into qOrbiterGenerator.php and depreciate setEa2.php.

golgoj4.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 05:21:52 pm »
bump?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 08:56:27 pm »
Seems that the interested party is no longer interested...

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 12:21:52 am »
Seems that the interested party is no longer interested...

And they ask why im so bitter...

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 12:44:13 am »
Sorry, work got hectic. I'm back now.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, 02:29:40 am »
Sorry, work got hectic. I'm back now.
no worries.

How familiar are you with how scenarios are connected together in the DB?

Thats the mysql stop number one, figure out how to generate scenarios for  2 classes of qorbiter.

(note this doesnt include the onscreen qorbiter because that will be handled elsewhere...i think)
1) Desktops - They get full media compliment - minus mythTV cuz like i've not even thought about that.
*Audo
*videos
*manage drives
*photos
*Playlists

2) Slim devices - under powered or mobile devices of questionable quality / capabilities
*Audio
*video
*photos
*playlists