Author Topic: New help with gamepad controller  (Read 2744 times)

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
New help with gamepad controller
« on: November 09, 2013, 04:35:18 pm »
Hi Folks
Been at this all day and no look, the UI keeps pop up when playing Mario Bro's, I have tried changing it the controller options.

any Ides.

here a short video....sorry its a bit up side down, no one to hold the phone for me.

http://youtu.be/tQvWDcfOwL4

for example, take the play station controller, I need the O to fire and the X  to jump.

I this case the O jumps and fires and  brings up the UI

please point me in the  right direction

Kind regards
Govo

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: New help with gamepad controller
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 05:36:21 pm »
What version of LMCE?

-Thom

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 05:47:11 pm »
The Gamepad remote reads all of its data from the device data of the USB Game Pad Remote device that is right next to the USB Game Pad device.

If you open this device in Advanced > configuration >Devices, you'll see device data under Configuration like this:

by default, the configuration device data is filled with:

Code: [Select]
up USB-GAMEPAD-UP USB-GAMEPAD-UP
down USB-GAMEPAD-DOWN USB-GAMEPAD-DOWN
left USB-GAMEPAD-LEFT USB-GAMEPAD-LEFT
right USB-GAMEPAD-RIGHT USB-GAMEPAD-RIGHT
ok USB-GAMEPAD-B1 USB-GAMEPAD-B1
back USB-GAMEPAD-B9 USB-GAMEPAD-B9
back USB-GAMEPAD-B2 USB-GAMEPAD-B2
skipback USB-GAMEPAD-B5 USB-GAMEPAD-B5
skipback USB-GAMEPAD-B7 USB-GAMEPAD-B7
skipfwd USB-GAMEPAD-B6 USB-GAMEPAD-B6
skipfwd USB-GAMEPAD-B8 USB-GAMEPAD-B8
menu USB-GAMEPAD-B3 USB-GAMEPAD-B3
menu USB-GAMEPAD-B10 USB-GAMEPAD-B10

This can be changed appropriately, for now, both entries are the same, as I don't have an action for when a button is held down for a repeat action.

it corresponds literally to the entries in the RemoteMapping table:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Infrared_Remote_Buttons_Understood_by_LinuxMCE

and the Bxx value is the button number returned by the driver.

You can install and use the jstest utility from a shell to look to see which buttons correspond to which button #s.

What is confusing me is, that the Game Player screens all have a screen type of G. Which I explicitly created for the Game Player use. The G screen type is intercepted by the USB Game Pad driver, and it causes all of the button presses except for what is mapped as Home, to be ignored by Orbiter entirely, until another screen is displayed. So the behavior you're seeing should never happen, unless your game pad is mapping some unusual events outside of the scope of a joystick.

You can test this, by removing all the Home and Start entries out of your gamepad configuration. Or just blanking out the Configuration device data entirely.

-Thom

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 07:42:02 pm »
Thanks For the reply Thom,

lmce is 10.04

Looking more under the devices the gamepad was created as both a gamepad and game remote, I Have deleted the gamepad remote and everything is working. fine for now.

also I think  may haves messed up the controls for my orbiter as when trying to lower the volume using  for the kitchen  music, its not lowering down. the orbiter pause and plays and skips and quits, it just wont lower  the music.

any idea?

kind regards
Govo
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:44:22 pm by Govo »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 05:47:45 am »
There was no need to delete the remote, it will re-add it anyway with the next router reload.

What you needed to do was WHAT  I ($%#@%@# TOLD YOU TO DO, and delete the configuration device data.

(Why am I yelling, you ask? because I told you what to do, and you...did something else entirely.)

When you start a game, are you seeing Set Screen Type commands, with the screen type of 71 (71 is ASCII for the letter G).

-Thom