Author Topic: Qorbiter Help  (Read 19459 times)

Stash_CEO

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Qorbiter Help
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 07:14:41 pm »
Golgo, I think he was telling me to turn off firewall because I'm having trouble SSH to my core.  I'll try the old qorbiter tonight when I get home

polly

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 09:26:24 am »
Qt 5.2 beta supposedly has iOs support. who's buying me a MAC?  ;D

i still owe you a teamviewer session on my Mac .... but prior to that i'll setup Qt 5.2 ... :-)

Cheers,
ochorocho

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 09:30:35 am »
Stash_CEO,
correct, unless you have an additional firewall, like me, my set up is

modem(internet) to firewall(smoothwall)  to dcerouter (firewall off)
dcerouter to switch,
switch to wireless switch,
wireless to all orbiters
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:34:46 pm by Govo »

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 04:11:16 pm »
On back of this, I  require some help,

I'm trying to update  the webOrbiter to  a new style, I have HA designer but I don't think this is what I need as I'm not creating any objects  just replacing the images, and all the links that are on wiki to show you how to use the HA Designer are broken.

I have gone through the weborbiter.php but I can't seem to find where is building the tables etc.

My new look is something like this http://www.piknclik.org/orbiter/ that I built in php, in order for me to have it as an orbiter skin I have modify some css styles  and replace those images from the basic skin.

So if any one can tell me where I find the correct php file that builds this skin or correct template /css files would be great.

And also if I  created a new folder for my skin, How do I add it, to the database so that I appears on drop down in the orbiter templates.

Kind Regards
Govo

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 04:18:40 pm »
The original weborbiter uses the same layout engine as the Orbiter. So you have to utilize HADesigner if you want to manipulate it. If all you want are new images (with the same size and position as the original ones), you should be able to do it without HADesigner. There is thread in the forum about how to do this done by Thom. RayBe is using the instructions to create his own skins. You might want to utilize the search function a bit.

Stash_CEO

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 04:48:09 pm »
well, I was able at one point to get the ipads up and running but for some reason they're not working, my ssh to the core is not working and I'm getting a lil frustrated.  I'm not sure why I've had so many issue but I'm thinking of just starting over from scratch...this install was to get it working so I can get the jist of LMCE but maybe I've caused my own issues...so, maybe a clean install is the best action here. 

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 05:32:57 pm »
 Stash_CEO, before you re-install, can  you explain how you have set up your network? and  does your core have to nics ?

Stash_CEO

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2013, 09:29:57 pm »
2 nics...one internal and one external. on .80.1 and .1.xxx
verizon router>external nic>internal nic>8 port switch>access point for wifi orbiters

I had the ipad orbiters working at one point but may have screwed up the config or something so they say they're trying to load from core.  the Qorbiters have never worked but I think that's because I can't ssh into the core to aptget the skins.  I don't mind reloading everything because honestly this was more of a "how do I get this stuff to work" than an actually running in my live environment...guess I shoul've used Virtual Machine but that may have confused me more...anyway, I do appreciate you guys helping me out...I'm not that "thick" as Thom says, I do have a little IT knowledge.  I'm looking forward to getting all my issues resolved and showing off my smarthome.  Guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

Alan - Stash_CEO

Stash_CEO

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2013, 05:24:13 am »
Update:
I did a reinstall and now my Hybrid's video won't start, I went through the MD setup but vga is black.  anyway, I could finally ssh into the box but when I try to load the skins as directed in the wiki...I get access denied permissions error when trying to make a folder on the core.  Qorbiter doesn't work.  Web orb doesn't work for me either, I get to the login and choose which orbiter but it just is a broken link looking page with HOME BACK REFRESH EXIT LOGOUT.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? ???

on a better note, I got an MD setup although I'm having a problem changing channel on the Fios STB with the USBUIRT.

I have yet to setup the GC-100

1 Synology NAS and 1 Buffalo Terrastaion are fully operational.  thumbing through movies to watch is a pain but atleast I can view and play them.

I have a couple of Foscam IP cams that are waiting to be setup as well. 

Any help to get my orbiters up and running would be appreciated. 

1 Galaxy Note3
1 Galaxy S3
1 Ipad1
1 ipad2
PC with windows orbiter (works fine)
web orbiter

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2013, 03:40:49 pm »
did you sudo -i when ssh into the core.

you have to be in root when creating such folders.

you can change permissions for your user name to  have root access.  (not recommend)

I'm currently updating the admin section, I'm editing the  css style on a demo box, don't like the green drop down menus any more and I have given my admin section a  look  like the new wikki page .

to edit such file  I had to chown govo -R /var/www.   I know this might change some settings but its just a test server.

did you re-create the generic  web orbitor for the ipad? this will also work with the old android app

Stash_CEO

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2013, 05:39:54 pm »
OK...so, I did a reinstall and it was finicky...I was using an amd mobo and after the Sara wizard setup I'd get a black screen....I could ssh into the box at that time but was getting a black screen...so I tried another reinstall and when I shut it off to turn back on, I got nothing...no post/bios startup screen...nothing...so, I left it for a couple of hours and then all of a sudden my network was back up...Strange?....so with all that going on I setup a seperate network and used an intel core duo box I had and now everything works.  I can ssh into the box but I was unable to create the folders...now I know to Sudo, thanks for that.  so far so good.  I have been able to setup the ipads via weborbiter but haven't tried the qorbiters yet.  So far I've been poking around trying to understand what i'm doing when trying to setup a room (MD, Fios Cable box, Blu-ray DVD player, and Plasma tv) all via USB-UIRT.

I've made major strides in getting this up and running and would like to thank everyone who has contributed to my small successes.

I look forward to the day when I can sit back and control the whole house with my orbiters. 

Once I get the AV part setup, I'm going to start the security phase (IP Cameras and Security systems)...Does anyone have a recommendation on Security panels, I'd like to use Z-wave.

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2014, 10:06:29 pm »
Hi Folks

the setupQorbiter.sh is not downloading the skins or files for the qt orbiter. it is however creating the folders

android
skins-common

but inside these directories are empty  and when running the app its missing the splash file

I followed the instructions from the new update wiki page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Android_Orbiter

but as stated above, no files are downloading .

Please advise .

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2014, 02:03:20 am »
Hi Folks

the setupQorbiter.sh is not downloading the skins or files for the qt orbiter. it is however creating the folders

android
skins-common

but inside these directories are empty  and when running the app its missing the splash file

I followed the instructions from the new update wiki page http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Android_Orbiter

but as stated above, no files are downloading .

Please advise .

looking into this.

also, a request. If the original problem has been solved, could we move this over to the testing thread? I can only track so many :)

-golgoj4
thank you for your continued patience and belief in linuxmce
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2014, 12:26:39 pm »
Hi golgoj4

Thanks for the reply. [quote ] If the original problem has been solved, could we move this over to the testing thread? I can only track so many[/quote]

How do you do this ?

kind regards
Govo

Govo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2014, 08:47:20 pm »
Has This been addressed ?