General > Users

Automatic adding Internet Radio streams to LinuxMCE

(1/11) > >>

Dap-P:
Hi all,

I found this nice site that had indexed a whole lot of internet radio stations.
Here you also can find 'Local' radio stations, based on your geolocation (IP based)

so i made a command that downloads the needed information, as this would seem to me like a handy function to have while installing LMCE, or available from the Webadmin

Command:

--- Code: ---curl --silent http://opml.radiotime.com/Browse.ashx?c=local | grep audio | grep station|  gawk -F'"' '{ print "Station : " $4}{system("curl --silent "$6" |  head -n1")}'
--- End code ---

Output:

--- Code: ---Station : #Station Name# (#Genre#)
#URL#
--- End code ---

Now i need some help with putting this info in LinuxMCE
Is there a commandline script i can call, to add media to the LMCE database?
Or should this be done via Mysql?

Anton

golgoj4:
*bump* Sambucca might have a better idea. I would think that if done from the webadmin, setting up in the db would be done in the same command. I dont think there is a facility to do what you describe.

-Langston

sambuca:
Hi,

You can add files and streams of any kind from the web-admin, I think it is the Media File Sync menu. Go to the media file sync page and there should be a "Add new file" or something like that on the left side. I'm not able to double-check right now, but look around in the mentioned places ;)

br,
sambuca

Marie.O:
and after you've added a single station successfully to the pluto_media database, take a look at the File table, how it was added. After that, you should be able to add a bunch of stations from the commandline.

EDIT: Oh, and look at File_Attribute and Attribute, to see where the details like Title etc are stored.

sambuca:
If you create a script to insert(and/or update) stations in lmce, please try to make it generic and available for other LMCE users. I know this has been requested before, so it would be beneficial...

(I know the html scraping part will be different for different sites, but the script to insert/update channels should be the same)

br,
sambuca

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version