Author Topic: New install, Squeezeboxes not working  (Read 5375 times)

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
New install, Squeezeboxes not working
« on: October 23, 2013, 11:49:53 pm »
After a big crash of the harddisk my server running xendesktop, all my virtual servers are completly screwed...

This week i reinstalled the server, now running ESXi, and made a new VM for LinuxMCE.
Installed LMCE 10.04 core only, and all my hardware is getting detected. and all but my 2 squeezeboxes work.

The squeezeboxes are getting detected, and the server is installed on my core. but when i want to play music from the orbiter, nothing happens. If i select music in the squeezeserver then the media gets played. I deleted all the squeezeboxes, and slim server streamer device. and let it all reinstall. but to no avail.

Anyone that know whats going on?

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: New install, Squeezeboxes not working
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 05:24:14 am »
If you're seeing something to the effect of controlled devices = 0, then most likely, the MAC address of your squeezebox(/slave) does not match the MAC address in the device tree. Make sure they match.

-Thom

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 10:07:03 am »
If they get detected, they get autoinstalled, which means the mac should be okay.

RayBe had an error with the logitech mediaserver not being configured by our postinst stuff. /me assumes a new version is using a different config.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 11:39:27 am »
They get get autodetected. I can control them from the Squeezeserver (http://dcerouter:9000), just cannot control them from an orbiter.
Is there a way to roll back to a previous version of the slimserver?

I will double check the MAC addresses tonight

Anton

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 11:01:34 pm »
Checked MAC addresses, and they are correct.
But i noticed in the webadmin the 'SqueezeBox Player' device has not registered, maybe this has something to do with it?

Anton

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 11:07:03 pm »
This is normal.

Registered: only has bearing on actual DCE devices, such as the Slim Server Streamer.. the Squeezebox player template is really only being used to hold device data for a given squeezebox, as well as providing a place to specify an entertainment area, and to specify that it is an audio zone.

-Thom

Gangsingen

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 01:41:48 pm »
Have had this problem for a few years. But since nobody else have had it, I assumed that my old SB2 is faulty. Anyways, here is "my" solution.

Hi!

Try to connect the SB to the system with the ethernet connection. I have to do this with my SB2 to make it controllable via LMCE. I know that technically it shouldn´t make any difference, but this was the solution for me. Give it a try!

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 06:48:39 pm »
Finally had the chance to test this.
Today i hooked up my Squeezebox 2 via ethernet. it got detected by LMCE, configured in a room (my bathroom) and tried to play music from the orbiter. no luck....

So i recreated the device manually, only now with the squeezeslave template. and yes, it works!
Via ethernet, and via wifi!

Anton