Author Topic: MKV's with mediatomb  (Read 9329 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: MKV's with mediatomb
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 03:21:20 am »
http://mediatomb.cc/dokuwiki/transcoding:transcoding

Have you read this page? I recommend all of it. Its rather dry, but informative.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

CentralMedia

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 02:11:41 am »
Thanks, now got some time.

Fortunately my devices play mkv natively, a WD HD live and a PI running XBMC, thus was really trying to get Cover Art info to show, after getting the mkv to list.

Going to look into Virtual Box and then the dev env, to see if I can get the data into mediatomb database that LNMCE has.

In querying the database, I realize the data is stored as a blob, trying to find the structure of that blob, whether XML etc, maybe I can just enter the data myself from LNMCE listing.

On a side not, not sure if it worked, a query showed data in the metadata field, only for the mkv though, so maybe I getting some luck
| dc%3Atitle=xmen                                                  |
| NULL                                                             |
| dc%3Atitle=Disney%27sRedo%20A%20Christmas%20Carol%202010%201080p |
| dc%3Atitle=matrix                                                |

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 04:00:01 am »
Thanks, now got some time.

Fortunately my devices play mkv natively, a WD HD live and a PI running XBMC, thus was really trying to get Cover Art info to show, after getting the mkv to list.

Going to look into Virtual Box and then the dev env, to see if I can get the data into mediatomb database that LNMCE has.

In querying the database, I realize the data is stored as a blob, trying to find the structure of that blob, whether XML etc, maybe I can just enter the data myself from LNMCE listing.

On a side not, not sure if it worked, a query showed data in the metadata field, only for the mkv though, so maybe I getting some luck

sorry, my pointer could have been more specific. There is a flag somewhere that governs the coverart...i just dont remember where it was. I enabled it for my PS3.

hth

golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

CentralMedia

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 07:45:39 pm »
Cool thanks, I am tracking down, going to see if I can reach out on there forum.

In goggling  I found a recommendation to try Serviio from someone, it even have an API and all for controlling it. I am awaiting to exhaust all options before deciding it break, it cannot be as bad as pulling teeth and the thoughts put into, found the link below

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/UPnP

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 08:56:22 pm »
Sambuca is the one working on the Upnp code for LinuxMCE, you may want to link up with him.

-Thom