Author Topic: Issues with 1004 ISO installation  (Read 2966 times)

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Issues with 1004 ISO installation
« on: August 16, 2013, 06:38:49 am »
I had a working 1004 installation going until a couple days ago.  I issued command init 3 and then init 5 to try and get rid of some graphic malfunction from a browser session and the media tomb installation broke and would not allow the system to boot.  I decided to reinstall and am getting a schlew of problems.  The installation works up to first reboot.  When i reboot it goes straight to sara.  I can't get to the av wizard unless i disconnect from the internet.  Once i disconnect i get the av wizard but then the nvidia drivers are whacky and everything is very slow (Also no sara once settings are done).  Oddly the window sizing issue i had before is now corrected.  Then i reboot again and then during boot i see a chipset driver change and the system chooses the nvidia driver.  Installation still very slow and clunky.  Not sure what is going on.  Any help is appreciated.

CentralMedia

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Issues with 1004 ISO installation
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 03:09:51 pm »
Not sure what issue you having, but I have done a few re-install over the past few days, I messed things up badly, without issues.

When I reboot I left the DVD in and when it booted to it, I choose boot from harddrive and things went through fine, got Avwizard and the Sara. I have a GT430, so in installed the 290 drivers and backport alsa, but not getting sound through HDMI; well no sound at all as the board has no onboard sound.

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 09:06:09 pm »
I tried leaving the dvd in as well.  No difference.  Did you make sure to unmute those three channels and select the proper output in alsa?  Read the bottom of this page.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1895025&postcount=85

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 11:45:13 pm »
Ok I figured out where I errd.  I left my LAN plugged in while installing.  It was not the internet.  I left the internet plugged in and unplugged the LAN.  All is well now.  Still having video issues with my nvidia 8500.  Lmce wants to use the nouveau driver at the moment.  I am weary of updating and upgrading to get the nvidia driver going.  Need the new updates though...