Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 286715 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #285 on: January 06, 2014, 10:26:22 pm »
Just tried build #99 and made some screenshots:

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 07, 2014, 12:37:18 am »
I also tried build #99, and it is working for me.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 07, 2014, 01:17:39 am »
Then I must be missing something...I don't know

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #288 on: January 07, 2014, 02:52:44 am »
ok, maybe I'm a bit early with this....I just saw there is a new build (#98). It just produces a screen with a green gradiant...and not much more.

Try #99 - I broke some things and didnt notice until this morning. Still working on fixing the connection options.

-Langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 07, 2014, 01:59:06 pm »
Like I said, I must be doing something wrong, as you can see in the screenshots made from build #99. I can put the ip of the core, but upon hitting the close button, the Ip doesn't show up in the url.
The phone is a htc evo3d with ics, fresh after a complete reset. I deleted the Linuxmce-folder, which gets recreated, but the config.xml never gets populated and stays at 0 bytes.jm7

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 07, 2014, 02:17:05 pm »
The difference that i see in your screenshots, is that i have web-port 80 configured.
Perhaps you can try that?
And ofcourse, make sure your phone IS connect to the internal LMCE network

Anton

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #291 on: January 07, 2014, 03:58:15 pm »
Then I must be missing something...I don't know

You arent. for some reason its not dealing with the config properly. Looking into it and thanks for being so persistent. you helped me find something else :)

-Langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #292 on: January 08, 2014, 03:26:24 am »
new update
Please let me know if the
config options
logs should be in the right place and working
should load instead of the hanging seen recently.
figuring out i can code burping teh baby.

-Langston

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 08, 2014, 12:44:31 pm »
I tried build #101. it successfully connects, but there were some peculiar hiccups. When connecting the first time, I get to choose, which qorbiter I want to use, or create a new one. However, I got only one qorbiter, but I'm being presented with to identical entries.
At first it seemed very reluctant to do anything...pressing buttons resulted in no reaction. Also, when the router requests a reload, the buttons for "reload now" and "reload later" don't seem to work.
I ran the setup-script again, after deleting the skins on the core- and things were better. On the other hand, getting the video listing, qorbiter crashes halfway through. I also had a problem after starting qorbiter for the 4th or 5th time, the option-screen poped open, all entries gone and they wouldn't stick at all. Deleting the linuxmce folder on the sdcard helped with that.
I don't know, if its by design, or another remnant lurking in my system, but you went back to the previous design?
I'm also guessing you like to see logs and such from my phone, so here they are.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #294 on: January 09, 2014, 12:46:50 am »
I tried build #101. it successfully connects, but there were some peculiar hiccups. When connecting the first time, I get to choose, which qorbiter I want to use, or create a new one. However, I got only one qorbiter, but I'm being presented with to identical entries.
At first it seemed very reluctant to do anything...pressing buttons resulted in no reaction. Also, when the router requests a reload, the buttons for "reload now" and "reload later" don't seem to work.
I ran the setup-script again, after deleting the skins on the core- and things were better. On the other hand, getting the video listing, qorbiter crashes halfway through. I also had a problem after starting qorbiter for the 4th or 5th time, the option-screen poped open, all entries gone and they wouldn't stick at all. Deleting the linuxmce folder on the sdcard helped with that.
I don't know, if its by design, or another remnant lurking in my system, but you went back to the previous design?
I'm also guessing you like to see logs and such from my phone, so here they are.

Ok, thanks for the feedback. It almost feel like its time to abandon the fricking config.xml on android because its so problem-matic.
In the mean time i sounds like i need to add some user feedback at that selection screen and fix the double orbiter bug (woudlnt cause a problem if you clicked on either)
Re: design, its more trying to fix some of the race conditions on startup without making the user wait for android.

More updates soon, need to go fix the hue controller...

langston

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 19, 2014, 10:36:38 pm »
I've been having fun with the orbiters on android. Thank you for all of your hard work. I have it on three devices; My SG2, my wifes SG3 and the first edition Nexus 7. So far I'm mainly using LMCE for lighting, but soon my MD and external USB sound card (for Squeeze Slave) will arrive so I'll be able to test much more with media.

Floorplan does not fit onto the screen. This is definitely due to the size of my floorplan image. Any plans to scale or zoom in and out?

When accessing a light through the floorplan, the On and Off buttons don't work and the screen shows "PK_Pipe" and/or  "PK_Device_Pipes" inside of the pressed button. The Set Level seems to work very well but always shows at the current level of 14 regardless if the light is on or off. Is there a way to report the current level in the set level slider?

On my GS2 I'm in a style that looks different from the style on my wifes GS3 or the Nexus 7. It still has the background images but the buttons are in the middle of the screen and not along top as in the others. I go into “advanced” to change the style and clicking on the gray box for “change styles” doesn't do anything. I did notice that the style of the GS2 has more options (pending tasks, network settings, avwizard, regen all orbiters) to choose from than the style on the other devices. I also noticed that in the style that the GS2 is using,that sometimes I get in a state where I can't change rooms or choose exit.

I noticed that even when gracefully exiting from my other devices that I always get the popup “Unfortunately, qOrbiter4 has stopped”

Thank you!
B34N
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:38:15 pm by B34N »

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 22, 2014, 08:18:15 pm »
I just tried the latest build (#103) on Nexus7 2013. When I press video it starts loading and then gives me: Unfortunately, qOrbiterQt4 has stopped.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:41:12 pm by Esperanto »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #297 on: January 23, 2014, 06:00:13 am »
I've been having fun with the orbiters on android. Thank you for all of your hard work. I have it on three devices; My SG2, my wifes SG3 and the first edition Nexus 7. So far I'm mainly using LMCE for lighting, but soon my MD and external USB sound card (for Squeeze Slave) will arrive so I'll be able to test much more with media.

Floorplan does not fit onto the screen. This is definitely due to the size of my floorplan image. Any plans to scale or zoom in and out?

When accessing a light through the floorplan, the On and Off buttons don't work and the screen shows "PK_Pipe" and/or  "PK_Device_Pipes" inside of the pressed button. The Set Level seems to work very well but always shows at the current level of 14 regardless if the light is on or off. Is there a way to report the current level in the set level slider?

On my GS2 I'm in a style that looks different from the style on my wifes GS3 or the Nexus 7. It still has the background images but the buttons are in the middle of the screen and not along top as in the others. I go into “advanced” to change the style and clicking on the gray box for “change styles” doesn't do anything. I did notice that the style of the GS2 has more options (pending tasks, network settings, avwizard, regen all orbiters) to choose from than the style on the other devices. I also noticed that in the style that the GS2 is using,that sometimes I get in a state where I can't change rooms or choose exit.

I noticed that even when gracefully exiting from my other devices that I always get the popup “Unfortunately, qOrbiter4 has stopped”

Thank you!
B34N

*Added buttons for on / off for floorplan
*Set level is a matter of me being less lazy and retrieving the value. That whole list is dynamic madness and i need to extend it a bit more. It bothers me too and is duly noted!
*The style discrepancies are a result of me not being a designer, combined with realizing that different ui layouts worked better with different dpi devices. Im trying to rectify this to make everything follow smokey's UI scheme for consistency and my sanity. But for example, the buttons in the middle make them easier to access on a smaller phone, while a tablet has more UI real estate. Its a trade off between death by a thousand clicks or squeezing as much as possible on screen. *There are a lot of UI ideas ive not even touched on between the c++, platform porting, etc*
*It crashing on exit seems to be my curse. heh. if it doesn't bug you too much im going to keep it low priority to ui and runtime functionality.

Thanks for testing, sorry for the headaches, and thanks again for being patient while i try and bring this thing to heel.

-Langston

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2014, 11:50:26 am »
hmm..getting the videolist still crashes the qorbiter on my phone

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #299 on: January 25, 2014, 05:17:08 am »
hmm..getting the videolist still crashes the qorbiter on my phone

Do you have a lot of videos?