Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 286681 times)

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #240 on: November 08, 2013, 03:31:55 am »
Awesome! I hope you enjoy my neck of the woods.

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2013, 07:53:39 pm »
hmmm...running the latest build (#76) and got no menu, only the bar at the bottom...advanced, power, etc. I deleted the skins, downloaded the orbitersetup again and ran it....deleted the linuxmce-folder on my phone...no change
Got some 404 ,  orbitergenerator.php and imdbimage.php
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 07:56:04 pm by maverick0815 »

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2013, 09:51:09 am »
huzzah, the eagle has landed.

Back home, nice a refreshed.

Some things...

*The way I handle QOrbiters location is changing. The reason for this is kinda long and suffice to say thanks to you guys testing this, ive gotten a lot more insight into how we move into this new area. From now on, Mobile QOrbiters will live in a new room, which will be created when you create one. This room is called Mobile QOrbiters (god how many times can i say the word Orbiter...derp!). This room will serve as the anchor point for these devices for entertainment purposes, while separating them from automatic 'media started / stopped' events connected to physical rooms in the home. I.E. no light dimming when you stream a playlist to your tablet at work, etc. I have been testing this for about 2 weeks from work and even San Fran.

*The setup script has been updated to reflect the new location (our hosting slightly shifted while i was gone) I have also employed tinyurl to try and make it easier to just type the instructions. Please note:
While it might be a huge pain, i recommend deleting any existing qorbiters, and doing a full update, including sqlcvs
I have updated the device template to try and provide better integration with existing orbiter variables and such, also added some other device data related to ui selections. Its better to be in sync than not is all i can say.
After updating, re-create the qorbiters. Like i said, i realize its a pain, but it needs to be done to make it as simple as possible. We are in new territory in many ways, so I believe caution is in order.
So, to recap, things that need to be updated on your next go-round are
            -linuxmce in general, apt-get update, sqlcvs update (i realize may be tricky for some)
            -the setup file 'setupQorbiter.sh' itself. Please use new link, it points to updated version

*Had to re-install my linuxmce system due to wanton abuse and neglect. did that today, with 1004. with an ssd and the dvd installer, was reinstalled in 45min, another hour because i didnt commit device templates. that mistake has been rectified.

*Linus may like giving NVIDIA the finger, but I also have some choice *ahem* gestures for ATI. I only mention this because I was trying to setup up a proper MD on a nettop with ati embedded graphics. 1204 and Qorbiter, it works, albeit with some nasty graphic artifacts if I get too fancy with animation. Here, as an MD on 1004, the screen saver takes over and doesnt go away..even though its actually passing button presses through. as i found out when I stopped Iron Man 2 in the other room...the guests were less than amused.

*I wont say anything about the rpi beyond im still working on it. had i not messed up my system....yeah.. anyways.

*Will be trying Qt 5.2beta this week. Hopefully some issues have been addressed. Its also the reason i keep mentioning iOS. Qt 5.2 make the first appearance of QML with iOS appstore guidelines met, and xcode integration. Needless to say, this is very good to hear, and if anyone know the cheapest route to getting a mac environment going, let me know.

*We continue to hurtle towards SCALE 2014, and my number one goal is to get an onscreen qorbiter running as an MD.

good day!
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2013, 06:41:20 pm »
okay...I admit, I'm not sure how to do the sqlcvs...webadmin? what do I have to check- everything, or only selected items?
I downloaded the new script and so far got one thing, that seems not quite okay:
svn: REPORT of '/svn/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read chunk size: connection was closed by server (http://svn.linuxmce.org)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 07:04:32 pm by maverick0815 »

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2013, 10:35:27 pm »
Ok, i deleted qorbiters,
Did apt-get update, upgrade
Did sqlcvs update for device templates? is it correct?

downloaded the new setupqoribter.sh
got an error, typo on line 13... 1 too many spaces... fixed that, ran the script
Code: [Select]
dcerouter_1037024:~#  sudo /tmp/./setupQorbiter.sh
/tmp/./setupQorbiter.sh: line 13: export: `=': not a valid identifier

Tried to find a new qt build, but it wasn't there. so i connect with build 76.
enter new device ID, eveything connects. Only notice that when i now start qorbiter, it starts in room ::

Will test, and report back if needed

Anton

Edit: stupid me the room problem existed because i didn't reload the router) now fixed
There is no Mobile Qorbiters room, do i have to manually add this room?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:46:11 pm by Dap-P »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2013, 10:55:29 pm »
afaict, you just need to create a qOrbiter, which later should autocreate the room.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2013, 11:05:42 pm »
Tried to access :

http://192.168.80.1/lmce-admin/setEa2.php?d=138 (138 is my new qorbiter device)

response:
Installation is 1037024
Connection Found, Starting
Checking for existing mobile orbiter room
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Room' WHERE PK_Room = '7'' at line 1

Deleted the qorbiter device again
so i did a full sqlcvs update
Made a new qorbiter device, now i have a Mobile Orbiters room.

Still have the EA in the room i select in the webadmin, should this be set to Mobile Qoribters room?

Anton

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2013, 11:58:55 pm »
Tried to access :

http://192.168.80.1/lmce-admin/setEa2.php?d=138 (138 is my new qorbiter device)

response:
Installation is 1037024
Connection Found, Starting
Checking for existing mobile orbiter room
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''Room' WHERE PK_Room = '7'' at line 1

Deleted the qorbiter device again
so i did a full sqlcvs update
Made a new qorbiter device, now i have a Mobile Orbiters room.

Still have the EA in the room i select in the webadmin, should this be set to Mobile Qoribters room?

Anton

Will check on that issue shortly. Man you are fast!
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2013, 12:24:21 am »
I think that there need to be a good set of instructions on how to do the 'upgrade'
With that, most issues would/should not happen

Anton

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2013, 12:19:12 am »
Ok, i see that the mobile orbiters room is the type : Foyer/Entrance
Shouldn't this be better set to the type Unmanaged? Or create a new room type, specially for the Mobile orbiters?

Anton

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2013, 03:07:34 am »
Ok, i see that the mobile orbiters room is the type : Foyer/Entrance
Shouldn't this be better set to the type Unmanaged? Or create a new room type, specially for the Mobile orbiters?

Anton

This falls under my needing help from developers thread. you are correct, it should be set to unmanaged.
The idea behind the script is it takes a device number input and then
*creates the Mobile Orbiters Room if it doesnt exist (setting it to the right type as well)
*Find the name of the mobile orbiter, and uses that as the EA name.
*Performs checks and such to make sure no dupes are made, etc

Im not sure where this bit would fall in normal orbitergen.

Re:updating
========
people should just get the script mentioned in the 1st post. Its been updated to include the updated setEa2.php
sqlcvs update.
delete any old qorbiters (sorry about this again.)
get the latest releases
re-add your qorbiters.

-langston
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:11:31 am by golgoj4 »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2013, 03:15:06 am »
One last bit to add, I installed Qt 5.2 beta. Unlike 5.1 beta, I was able to get it running on my 2.3 (api level 10) android device. I will keep testing and alert people when there is a build available.

if anyone wants to speed this along, it basically involves copying and pasting from one folder to another in this instance with some deletion of elements that are now built in as opposed to my building them by hand.

-langston

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 13, 2013, 09:22:36 pm »
Some random feedback:
* latest build seem to crash on exit (log displays segfault)
* It would be nice to be able to force a device to use the tablet skins (ie. a table with 800x400 resolution will now use the phone skins, but I think the table skin would be more fitting)
* The floor list on the floorplan is only high enough to contain one list item. So when I have three floors, I only see the first one and have to scroll to reach the others.
* In the tablet default skin, when you are in a room without any lighting scenarios, there are no way to open the lighting floorplan.

br,
sambuca

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 13, 2013, 10:29:27 pm »
I think i will totally reinstall my system, i keep having the weirdest problems.
Now i have 2 phones, with 2 qorbiter installs, yesterday i had 2 extra EA's, in the mobie qorbiter room, today i have 1 extra, in the default room i selected this qorbiter via the webadmin.

If i place the 2 qorbiters in the same room, and start to play media, only 1 qorbiter displays this...

Anton

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #254 on: November 22, 2013, 02:37:50 am »
Thank you Dap-P for being the sacrificial lamb of sorts. Long story short, google changed some down below in the engine room and qorbiter will crash on 4.4 devices. There is a patch in the pipe, but its not availble yet. so if you have the option to update, know that qorbiter will stop working when you do.

Sorry for the pita this causes and thanks again to Dap-P for finding out the hard way and letting others know.

-golgoj4
ps. still waiting for said update here. though now installation will be waiting.