Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 286723 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2013, 03:33:38 pm »
Did you ever look in DCERouter to see how long the relevant datagrid generation takes? I was surprised how fast it is...

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2013, 01:51:58 am »
its really fast. cramming it into a gui is the slow part. the only way not to freeze it is literally throttle the data. Im still looking for solutions but

On a desktop, its instant, even over the wire. But lower power devices, well, have lower power. I could take the brakes off ;)

Granted, I have an ssd in my core for the lmce-operations part. IO is king!
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2013, 01:27:42 am »
been rather quiet in here. Whats going on folks?

People are using it?
People gave up?

:)
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2013, 01:48:59 am »
It is working rather well.

Problemn so far:
Display power crashes it
Security panel seems non-functional
Oddly capitalizes buttons that were pressed

I'm still testing...

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2013, 06:54:56 am »
It is working rather well.

Problemn so far:
Display power crashes it
Security panel seems non-functional
Oddly capitalizes buttons that were pressed

I'm still testing...

Looking into the power crash
Security panel is non functional. i should really reconnect that.
the random capitalization's are a hold over from touch areas where hover is enabled and i was doing random things to test how well it dealt with text changes and stuff.

-langston

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2013, 08:07:59 am »
I was wondering..in the Advanced Menu is there a restart...or reset for Core an Md? So far the letters dont fit the buttons, so its a bit hard to read. The other thing is when browsing movies..it does take a little to populate..so I was wondering, if its due to lack of processing power perhaps of the core, since I experience severe performance hit lasting a good two hours, when starting my md.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2013, 12:09:00 am »
I have 2 android phones, a Nexus 4, and a HTC Desire HD

On the Desire HD, qt4 is working and qt5 is not working. if i start qt5, i only get a black screen
I have to say, i have a custom rom on the Desire HD

On the Nexus 4, qt4 is working, but qt5 is not completly working. in qt5 none of my media gets displayed, or qt5 crashed when i press the media button. and i have some rotating issues with qt5
If i play media while the qt5 orbiter is running on my phone, qt5 crashes, and i cannot start it again until media playback has finished

I've tried several times to reinstall the skins, and running the script from langstonball.com

I love the smokey skin on my nexus!!!

For me, the media browsing is terrible on my nexus, because for every episode of a TV show i get a hit in the first screen, with just the title of the show, if i click that, it seems i get a randomly generated number, if i click that, i get into a season folder for that tv show.

I would like to see the Viewed/Unviewed options added, is this a possibility?
This would already help a lot.

imho the performance could be better, perhaps it is an option to throttle the data based on the processing speed of the device?

I found a strange feature, that if you use the back button in media browsing, it jump back to (for me) a random location

If i need to somehow make logging, or screenshots, tell me how i can make them, and i will)))

Keep up the good work!
Anton
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:26:12 am by Dap-P »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2013, 02:32:34 am »
I have 2 android phones, a Nexus 4, and a HTC Desire HD

On the Desire HD, qt4 is working and qt5 is not working. if i start qt5, i only get a black screen
I have to say, i have a custom rom on the Desire HD

On the Nexus 4, qt4 is working, but qt5 is not completly working. in qt5 none of my media gets displayed, or qt5 crashed when i press the media button. and i have some rotating issues with qt5
If i play media while the qt5 orbiter is running on my phone, qt5 crashes, and i cannot start it again until media playback has finished

I've tried several times to reinstall the skins, and running the script from langstonball.com

I love the smokey skin on my nexus!!!

For me, the media browsing is terrible on my nexus, because for every episode of a TV show i get a hit in the first screen, with just the title of the show, if i click that, it seems i get a randomly generated number, if i click that, i get into a season folder for that tv show.

I would like to see the Viewed/Unviewed options added, is this a possibility?
This would already help a lot.

imho the performance could be better, perhaps it is an option to throttle the data based on the processing speed of the device?

I found a strange feature, that if you use the back button in media browsing, it jump back to (for me) a random location

If i need to somehow make logging, or screenshots, tell me how i can make them, and i will)))

Keep up the good work!
Anton

Qt5 is going back to the barn. it seems to only work on selected devices, and this kinda annoys me

The media grid should see some evolution to being more useful in the next week.
*The numbers you see when selecting by program are the attribute numbers of the season's. I need to translate that to the actual db value.
Back button is something i should have fixed. trying to decide what it should be used for. I did many experiments on loading and its a matter of how fast the android device is. Im still researching this area but right now it runs on a loop. I throttle that loop so the gui doesnt freeze because even though the processing is happening in another thread, depending on the processor it can still slow the gui down.
Its something thats been tricky since day one since we have a more free flowing implementation as opposed to the more static legacy one.
ill see about the viewed /unviewed

-Langston

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2013, 09:47:15 pm »
Bug found?

In qt4, when i press "Media", "Video", then press "Filename sort" before "TV Shows", "Movies", etc are displayed. qt4 crashes.

bherbie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 26, 2013, 03:22:52 am »
My Razzr met an untimely death and I now have a Motorola Moto X running android 4.2.2 and testing the qt4 nightly build.  This is a screen shot of what I get, nothing more and nothing less.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #190 on: September 26, 2013, 05:57:08 am »
My Razzr met an untimely death and I now have a Motorola Moto X running android 4.2.2 and testing the qt4 nightly build.  This is a screen shot of what I get, nothing more and nothing less.

my initial guess would be a skins downloading issue. Have you successfully completed this process before?

If not, or if its been a while, i recommend following the (now updated!!) setup instructions at the 1st post of the thread.

golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2013, 02:31:58 am »
New Builds!
qml fixes!

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2013, 01:13:41 am »
I reinstalled qt4 and qt5 on my Nexus4, and reinstalled the skins

But sadly, i cannot choose the smokey skin in qt4 anymore...

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2013, 03:43:28 am »
I reinstalled qt4 and qt5 on my Nexus4, and reinstalled the skins

But sadly, i cannot choose the smokey skin in qt4 anymore...

can you be more specific?!

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 30, 2013, 11:50:59 pm »
can you be more specific?!

Ofcourse,

if i select the smokey skin, the loading screen is black with the buttons on top, but the main screen is the default skin