Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 286775 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2013, 01:29:31 am »
so i assume everything is working fine since no responses? *ducks*
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2013, 04:41:30 am »
I jacked up my core tinkering with tings   :-\  Will try again tomorrow morning.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2013, 06:52:27 am »
I jacked up my core tinkering with tings   :-\  Will try again tomorrow morning.
:(

No rush until there is a webadmin update. some necessary files were missing (because qorbiter is powered by json and xml)

-langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2013, 09:37:34 am »
so i assume everything is working fine since no responses? *ducks*
;-)
Last I checked, nothing was working for me I'm afraid.
I still get fatal error on the phone and it just dies on the tablet after doing the "connecting to 192.168.10.10...." for a few secs. I will try to install on my wife's galaxy S4 over the weekend.
I've tried catlog on one device and logcat on the other but nothing seems to show up in the logs. Weird?

Golgog4, a couple of questions-
1. Presume it can work on the external network provided the right firewall ports are open (the ones in the wiki or have these changed) and provided you specify the IP of the core in the xml file.  Is that stuff all the same as before? Same location of xml file etc?
2. Is there anything I need to do on the core side apart from creating the device and all that. I haven't done anything since I first tested the QT4 version a few months ago.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2013, 09:40:34 am »
Matt... what android app are you using to get your logs off your android. I've tried a couple but the logs are colourful but nothing like the detail you have.

Log http://pastebin.com/sabFDuhB

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2013, 10:51:14 am »
Nothing new from me either Langston, I thought we were waiting for you?

I'll update my skins folder and reinstall the app just in case I've missed a new version.

jamo, I'm using "catlog".

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

bherbie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2013, 04:19:03 pm »
Just to reiterate - I am testing the qt5 version (nightly build from 19 Aug) on a Motorola Razr Maxx running Android version 4.1.2 and updated the skins folder with svn revision 27885 ( I think, not at my core right now).

qorbiter connects right away and I have the menu across the top of the screen with the connected to device 139 at the bottom.  I have no graphics of any kind and the menu is not clickable.

I do not have any log files right now, I will work on that when I get off work.

-herb

Hackit2me

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2013, 07:17:17 pm »
Android Phone Droid Razr Maxx
Latest Skins (from trunk)
Android version 4.1.2
LinuxMCE v10.04

Loaded Ok, downloaded the new skins from the Core ok.

I like the reddish interface with the large buttons.  I very much like the smooth scrolling across senarios.
The floorplans are very small on the screen.  I still do not have an icon for the thermostat.
I know there is the 'home' button in the upper left corner, but could the device's 'back' button be mapped to not exit the app, but just go back to the home screen?

Also I have another request (which I could probably turn into a ticket if you like): Could the config file include a port field, so I could specify something other than port 80 to connect to the router?  The reason being, if I am tunneling in through an outside device into the router, I map some high non-root port number to access the box.   Mapping port 80 is a little tricky, since you need to have permissions.

I'll try and attach a screenshot.....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 07:21:20 pm by Hackit2me »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2013, 01:37:55 am »
Android Phone Droid Razr Maxx
Latest Skins (from trunk)
Android version 4.1.2
LinuxMCE v10.04

Loaded Ok, downloaded the new skins from the Core ok.

I like the reddish interface with the large buttons.  I very much like the smooth scrolling across senarios.
The floorplans are very small on the screen.  I still do not have an icon for the thermostat.
I know there is the 'home' button in the upper left corner, but could the device's 'back' button be mapped to not exit the app, but just go back to the home screen?

Also I have another request (which I could probably turn into a ticket if you like): Could the config file include a port field, so I could specify something other than port 80 to connect to the router?  The reason being, if I am tunneling in through an outside device into the router, I map some high non-root port number to access the box.   Mapping port 80 is a little tricky, since you need to have permissions.

I'll try and attach a screenshot.....

Interesing, as that skin is designed for a tablet. Wonder why it keeps picking up that one and not the phone one.

Re: the webadmin thing, totally do-able. I just have other concerns because at the moment, there is no authentication. so anyone could theoretically connect to your home. vpn not so much i spose ;)

-Langston

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2013, 01:39:50 am »
;-)
Last I checked, nothing was working for me I'm afraid.
I still get fatal error on the phone and it just dies on the tablet after doing the "connecting to 192.168.10.10...." for a few secs. I will try to install on my wife's galaxy S4 over the weekend.
I've tried catlog on one device and logcat on the other but nothing seems to show up in the logs. Weird?

Golgog4, a couple of questions-
1. Presume it can work on the external network provided the right firewall ports are open (the ones in the wiki or have these changed) and provided you specify the IP of the core in the xml file.  Is that stuff all the same as before? Same location of xml file etc?
2. Is there anything I need to do on the core side apart from creating the device and all that. I haven't done anything since I first tested the QT4 version a few months ago.

1. The firewall information is still valid, please see my concern above.
2. qOrbiterGenerator.php needs to be updated as well as imdbImage.php. I think qOrbiterGenerator.php needs to be updated for everyone as I was having problems as well when i ran some tests yesterday.

-golgoj4

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2013, 02:35:47 am »
For everybody asking,

Langston has checked in some needed fixes to 10.04 to help with the issues you all are experiencing. We are working with our wonderful and ever patient release manager to try and get an updated package out. :)

-Thom

mkbrown69

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2013, 02:49:13 am »
The reason being, if I am tunneling in through an outside device into the router, I map some high non-root port number to access the box.   Mapping port 80 is a little tricky, since you need to have permissions.

You can use port redirection on a router, or iptables to redirect from your high port to port 80, but that would be a security risk with no authentication.  A VPN would be more secure; that's how I use RoamingOrb on iDevices.

HTH!

/Mike

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2013, 06:59:19 am »
on the setup front

wget http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/export/27913/people/golgoj4/QOrbiter-bootstrap/setup/setupQorbiter.sh -O /tmp/setupQorbiter.sh
sudo chmod u+x /tmp/setupQorbiter.sh
sudo /tmp/./setupQorbiter.sh

golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2013, 02:51:56 am »
on the setup front

wget http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/export/27913/people/golgoj4/QOrbiter-bootstrap/setup/setupQorbiter.sh -O /tmp/setupQorbiter.sh
sudo chmod u+x /tmp/setupQorbiter.sh
sudo /tmp/./setupQorbiter.sh

golgoj4

Was late when I did this
This basically takes care of *
*downloading or updating skins
*downloads latest qorbiter json related php files.

this is my attempt to make things a little more streamlined.
Thanks for your patience.
langston

gbutters

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2013, 04:19:12 am »
The script downloads everything into the skins directory and qt5 qorbiter is looking for the files in skins/android/ not skins/. Once I copied everthing into skins/android/ I am able to connect on my S4.