Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 286713 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2013, 10:40:24 pm »
I have done this and now get `|:-1 Timeout`...

herb

Herb: Which one? Qt4 / Qt5? im guessing the qt5?

-Langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2013, 11:08:06 pm »
Interesting... This adds a whole other vector of device capabilities I had not thought of. Going through the logs, it throws an opengl error. And I see that its opengl-es1, not 2 as required by Qt5. But i was under the impression 3.0 going forward had gles2 available.

This phone originally had 2.2 or 2.3 installed, but I put the Jelly Bean ROM on. Could it be anything to do with that?

I will try on my tablet - however this also had 2.x installed originally, but was upgraded to Honeycomb.

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 12:01:27 am »
This phone originally had 2.2 or 2.3 installed, but I put the Jelly Bean ROM on. Could it be anything to do with that?

I will try on my tablet - however this also had 2.x installed originally, but was upgraded to Honeycomb.

Cheers,
Matt.

Its not an insurmountable thing to take into account, its just I had not thought about it. Ill need to do some research to come up with the best approach.

-Langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

bherbie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 02:04:36 am »
Herb: Which one? Qt4 / Qt5? im guessing the qt5?

Qt5

-herb

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 07:09:59 am »
ive found the issue with the qt5 skin, but its a bit unusable at the moment as my vm isnt registering the clicks.....

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2013, 11:24:53 am »
Just wondered, does the skin you select in webadmin for the qOrbiter need be anything specific? From memory I think the default option "Basic" was selected.

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 06:19:40 am »
i got a samsung galaxy s4.  no mods, no root (as of yet).  tried Q5 (and wiki instructions) just for kicks.  Times out and closes.  Tried Q4 as well, but that is not supposed to work with my phone(tried just for kicks).  Let us know when the new .apk is up. Thanks for all your hard work golgoj4!   

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2013, 08:06:00 am »
Just wondered, does the skin you select in webadmin for the qOrbiter need be anything specific? From memory I think the default option "Basic" was selected.

Cheers,
Matt.

It doesnt at the moment.

-golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2013, 08:12:58 am »
i got a samsung galaxy s4.  no mods, no root (as of yet).  tried Q5 (and wiki instructions) just for kicks.  Times out and closes.  Tried Q4 as well, but that is not supposed to work with my phone(tried just for kicks).  Let us know when the new .apk is up. Thanks for all your hard work golgoj4!   

New Qt5 apk is up.

-langston

A small note. The updates come in two forms. The Apk is really just an executable, and the skins are constantly updated as I work on them. So there maybe be improvements to the skins before there is an update. Once I get this thing rolling for a wider audience, we should be able to make the update process easier.

updating the ui files means doing an svn update on your /var/www/lmce-admin/skins/android directory.

Oh and I answered a previous question pretty badly.

If you have an Android device 3.0 or better, you can run both.
If you are stuck on android 2.x.x (like me and my phone) you can only run the Qt4 version.

sorry for the confusion.

golgoj4.

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2013, 02:02:30 pm »
Ok, here is what i did.  did a svn on my skins dir then reloaded router.  downloaded qt5 and ran it.  qt5 just closes.  downloaded qt4 and same thing happened.  then i tried deleting the previous qorbiter made reloading router, then making a new qorbiter reloading router and running qt4 again.  This time is does not just close but stays on the screen that is trying to connect to the router.   I let it try for about 10 minutes.  Now I am trying the same thing with QT5 will let you know.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 02:10:30 pm »
Ok, here is what i did.  did a svn on my skins dir then reloaded router.  downloaded qt5 and ran it.  qt5 just closes.  downloaded qt4 and same thing happened.  then i tried deleting the previous qorbiter made reloading router, then making a new qorbiter reloading router and running qt4 again.  This time is does not just close but stays on the screen that is trying to connect to the router.   I let it try for about 10 minutes.  Now I am trying the same thing with QT5 will let you know.

Crumble - presume the wifi for your device is on the internal (lmce) network? If not, you have to change a few things to point to the IP of the dcerouter and to allow the right ports through the firewall. Sorry if this is pointing out the obvious.

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 02:26:27 pm »
i jamo.  Yes my wifi is just an ap using the lmce router at 80.1.  So fo QT5 i i did the same thing only this time i got "I'm sorry I couldn't connect to  a LinuxMCE Server at  192.168.80.1  Please ensure you can reach your core. I will continue trying.  http://192.168.80.1/lmce-admin/skins/andriod/qt5/Splash.qml

I thought the same thing jamo was saying.  So i thought hrm ill create that qt5 dir which is not in my skins dir and copy that Splash.qml file see what it does.

Then i got the same message only http://192.168.80.1/lmce-admin/skins/android/qt5/Splash.qml:4 module "QtQuick" version 1.0 is not installed

So i think it sees the router but that qt5 dir is not there and something else way over my head.  QtQuick version 1.0?  Hope that helps.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2013, 03:38:57 pm »
well, thats a good sign then its finding the skins.

I need to check some things, I feel like maybe i told you guys to checkout stuff to the wrong dir...

Stay tuned and thanks for your patience.

golgoj4

also, does it say your device name in the bottom left corner? i.e. LinuxMCE for you Nexus 7

golgoj4
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 03:40:48 pm by golgoj4 »

Crumble

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 04:59:08 pm »
qt5 says LinuxMCE for your

qt4 says LinuxMCE for your (whatever my device is, i cant remember heh) 

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2013, 06:31:29 pm »
Proline cheap 7" tablet with ICS: Qt5 launches... says connecting... and then dies... I think it said something similar to what crumble reported above regarding skin but it flashes too quickly to see.
HTC One V ICS: "Your application encountered a fatal error and cannot continue".