Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 286781 times)

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 08:56:53 pm »
Some older version is available in the precise part of our repo for x86 and amd64. But the amd64 builds are currently broken. and it has been a while since the x86 version has been uploaded. They only get uploaded when the beta 1204 page in the wiki changes (and I become aware of that change... ;) )

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 02:17:33 am »
Where do we download the non-android versions?
thx
-Coley.

working on it :)
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 08:54:43 am »
==========================================================================
Releases can be found here: http://lasmarthomes.com/qorbiter/

Super... I haven't tried qorbiter for a while... I think the last one I downloaded was from the play store.

QorbiterQT5: On my phone (HTC one-v ICS) I tried to download and install QorbiterQT5 but when I run it there is simply a "Your appliation encountered a fatal error and cannot continue" with an OK button.
QorbiterQT4: On HTC one-v ICS: Downloaded, installed and ran (connected to my core) but functionality seemed rather limited. I'll post some details this weekend.

Will try on my cheap tablet and wife's Samsung S4 as well.

Do all the other config steps that are outlined somewhere on the wiki still apply? (skins, setting up the orbiter on the core, creating the config xml file on the device etc etc?)  If we install a new version should we update all of that / redo it at all? Does the core need an update/upgrade to get the latest stuff on its side?
What is the difference between QorbiterQT5 and QorbiterQT4... in terms of requirements? Are there any pre-requisites for QT5 that I should install to prevent the fatal error?

many thanks and sorry for the ignorance.

Is there a video or wiki page I should look at to see how it is *supposed* to work in case I report things that are just user errors?

James.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 01:00:31 pm »
working on it :)
Cool - didn't want to go adding further complications by rolling my own. Best if testing is done on "gold" releases or at least silver ;)

-Coley.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 02:03:17 am »
Super... I haven't tried qorbiter for a while... I think the last one I downloaded was from the play store.

QorbiterQT5: On my phone (HTC one-v ICS) I tried to download and install QorbiterQT5 but when I run it there is simply a "Your appliation encountered a fatal error and cannot continue" with an OK button.
QorbiterQT4: On HTC one-v ICS: Downloaded, installed and ran (connected to my core) but functionality seemed rather limited. I'll post some details this weekend.

Will try on my cheap tablet and wife's Samsung S4 as well.

Do all the other config steps that are outlined somewhere on the wiki still apply? (skins, setting up the orbiter on the core, creating the config xml file on the device etc etc?)  If we install a new version should we update all of that / redo it at all? Does the core need an update/upgrade to get the latest stuff on its side?
What is the difference between QorbiterQT5 and QorbiterQT4... in terms of requirements? Are there any pre-requisites for QT5 that I should install to prevent the fatal error?

many thanks and sorry for the ignorance.

Is there a video or wiki page I should look at to see how it is *supposed* to work in case I report things that are just user errors?

James.

No these are good questions. Im just not a good QA guy so apologies for not making stuff clear.
*Android Setup instructions can be found here:http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Android_Orbiter
**You should always make sure the skins are up to date.
*the config.xml is created automatically (or should be!)
*You only need to do the setup once. Subsequent updates wont delete the orbiter or reset your config settings.

The difference between Qt4 and Qt5 are pretty big. From a user perspective, Qt5 is supposed to provide
*Better integration with the Android OS
*Multimedia
*Better graphics performance.
*No additional downloads / libraries (no ministro)
*limited to Android 3.0 or higher.

Qt4 is basically the 1st attempt to bring Qt (and thus QOrbiter) to Android.
*No native support for multimedia, but I am testing a path that would allow it. Api minimum level 12 however...
*Requires Ministro
*Graphics performance not as good as Qt5

Lastly, the issue with the force close may be related to the skins not being up to date. Make sure thats updated and report back when you can.

Please feel free to ask anymore questions. Im really trying to get better at this 'distributing software' thing.

-Langston

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

bherbie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 05:07:01 pm »
I have tested the QT5 version on a Motorola Razr Maxx running android version 4.1.2.  I keep getting an error `make sure you can connect to your core` - I can open a browser and pull up my core on 192.168.80.1 from my phone...

let me know if you need more information or any insight.

-herb

bushtech

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 06:08:27 pm »
Can the Qt4 version be used on phones with an OS lower than 3.0? Mine's 2.3.5 :-[
Core:Asus P8H77-V, Intel core i3-3240 LGA155, Inno 3D Nvidia 240 GT (DVI+VGA+HDMI), 4Gb ram, 125Gb SSD
MD: Zotax Zbox ID41

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 07:45:04 pm »
Have tested the QT4 and QT5 nightly builds on my HTC Desire HD (running Jelly Bean 4.2.2).

Installed and tried QT5 version first, but I also got the "make sure you can connect to your core" message. I use the Android touch orbiter as my main orbiter. Standard 192.168.80.1 internal IP address. Set up a qOrbiter on the core. Skin folder is up to date.

Then installed QT4 version, and it loads up to show the 6 buttons with the power and exit bar at the bottom. The 'Advanced' button works to show the submenu, as does the 'Power' button. No response from the other buttons.

Went back to QT5 version, but now it shuts down straight away without showing the error message from before, I assume as a result of also having the QT4 version installed (don't know if that's relevant)

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 08:21:02 pm »
I have tested the QT5 version on a Motorola Razr Maxx running android version 4.1.2.  I keep getting an error `make sure you can connect to your core` - I can open a browser and pull up my core on 192.168.80.1 from my phone...

let me know if you need more information or any insight.

-herb

That sounds like it cant find the skins.
I updated the configuration process
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Android_Orbiter#Configuration

the key bit is making them accessible via 'chmod -R 777 /var/www/lmce-admin/skins/android'

Possy is helping me make a .deb package so this is less of a pain in the .... :)

Thank you for your time.

-langston

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 08:23:25 pm »
Can the Qt4 version be used on phones with an OS lower than 3.0? Mine's 2.3.5 :-[

The Qt4 version is specifically targeted at versions lower than 3.0. Im in the 2.3.5 boat myself with my phone.

i may have been confusing before but

Api level 3.0 or better should use Qt5 version
Api level 3.0 and down should use the Qt4 version

This stand for tablets and phones.

Langston

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 08:28:27 pm »
Have tested the QT4 and QT5 nightly builds on my HTC Desire HD (running Jelly Bean 4.2.2).

Installed and tried QT5 version first, but I also got the "make sure you can connect to your core" message. I use the Android touch orbiter as my main orbiter. Standard 192.168.80.1 internal IP address. Set up a qOrbiter on the core. Skin folder is up to date.

Then installed QT4 version, and it loads up to show the 6 buttons with the power and exit bar at the bottom. The 'Advanced' button works to show the submenu, as does the 'Power' button. No response from the other buttons.

Went back to QT5 version, but now it shuts down straight away without showing the error message from before, I assume as a result of also having the QT4 version installed (don't know if that's relevant)

Cheers,
Matt.

*Re: Qt5 5 version. Tablet or phone?
*If you svn up you may have better luck. im guessing phone versions for both of these

-Langston

purps

• If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 08:45:27 pm »
Have read your previous posts, understand now that I should be testing QT5 only on this device.

This is on a phone.

To begin with, as a precaution, I removed the contents of /var/www/lmce-admin/skins folder before running "svn co http://svn.linuxmce.org/svn/branches/LinuxMCE-1004/src/qOrbiter/qOrbiter_src/qml /var/www/lmce-admin/skins". Also did the chmod on /var/www/lmce-admin/skins/android.

I've uninstalled the QT4 version from my phone.

Unfortunately I'm seeing the same issue. This is the log for when I try to load it http://pastebin.com/GJ36a3Ru

Cheers,
Matt.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 09:25:43 pm »
Have read your previous posts, understand now that I should be testing QT5 only on this device.

This is on a phone.

To begin with, as a precaution, I removed the contents of /var/www/lmce-admin/skins folder before running "svn co http://svn.linuxmce.org/svn/branches/LinuxMCE-1004/src/qOrbiter/qOrbiter_src/qml /var/www/lmce-admin/skins". Also did the chmod on /var/www/lmce-admin/skins/android.

I've uninstalled the QT4 version from my phone.

Unfortunately I'm seeing the same issue. This is the log for when I try to load it http://pastebin.com/GJ36a3Ru

Cheers,
Matt.

Interesting... This adds a whole other vector of device capabilities I had not thought of. Going through the logs, it throws an opengl error. And I see that its opengl-es1, not 2 as required by Qt5. But i was under the impression 3.0 going forward had gles2 available.

But where is DIES is all me ;)
t      (3716): ../../datamodels/skinloader.cpp:30 (void SkinLoader::loadSkin(QString)): Processing Style::  QUrl( "http://192.168.80.1/lmce-admin/skins/android/phone/qt5/default/Style.qml" ) 
08-18 19:42:07.941 D/Qt      (3716): ../../qorbitermanager.cpp:1903 (void qorbiterManager::setDceResponse(QString)): "Skin loader is loading Style.qml: default"
08-18 19:42:07.941 W/Qt      (3716): ../../datamodels/skinloader.cpp:56 (void SkinLoader::loadSkin(QString)): (http://192.168.80.1/lmce-admin/skins/android/phone/qt5/default/Style.qml: File not found)
08-18 19:42:07.941 W/Qt      (3716): ../../datamodels/skinloader.cpp:57 (void SkinLoader::loadSkin(QString)): Style.qml is corrupt for skin at index  0  of  1  , moving to next skin.
08-18 19:42:07.941 W/Qt      (3716): 
08-18 19:42:07.941 W/Qt      (3716): ../../datamodels/skinloader.cpp:60 (void SkinLoader::loadSkin(QString)): Attempting to remove damaged Style.qml from list of availible skins
08-18 19:42:07.941 W/Qt      (3716): ../../datamodels/skinloader.cpp:63 (void SkinLoader::loadSkin(QString)): Updated the list of skins to  0
08-18 19:42:07.941 F/Qt      (3716): global/qglobal.cpp:2022 (void qt_assert_x(const char*, const char*, const char*, int)): ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range", file ../../../../../Qt5.1.0-Android/5.1.0/android_armv7/include/QtCore/qlist.h, line 452

Investigation continues.
hope to have answer soon. I dont have a 3.0 phone running qt5 orbiter, just a tablet.

-Langston

bushtech

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 09:30:16 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up golgoj4. I'll give the Qt4 version a go
Core:Asus P8H77-V, Intel core i3-3240 LGA155, Inno 3D Nvidia 240 GT (DVI+VGA+HDMI), 4Gb ram, 125Gb SSD
MD: Zotax Zbox ID41

bherbie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 10:08:49 pm »
the key bit is making them accessible via 'chmod -R 777 /var/www/lmce-admin/skins/android'

I have done this and now get `|:-1 Timeout`...

herb