Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 287489 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #600 on: August 03, 2016, 09:27:11 pm »
It connects but like I said...no media is being presented....like the problem I had before...maybe there is still some old config snag on that phone

I would install the latest build (i believe its been built) and then go to the advanced screen -> settings, and hit 'clear settings'. then exit and reopen it.

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #601 on: August 08, 2016, 05:47:55 pm »
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 08, 2016, 08:17:46 pm »
Nice!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 08, 2016, 08:50:41 pm »
very nice indeed....is this a new build? if so, where I can download it from? I just updated my linuxsystem, but other than new kernel, I didn't see anything for qorbiter.
Since you also went to TV-Shows, I found the way you selected the episodes very interesting. I admit, it has been a while since I looked into that section, but I will try. Before I always had trouble finding the proper episode other than in fileview.

Thanks!

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 08, 2016, 09:19:59 pm »
As always you can keep up to date on when new packages are pushed for users by watching: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LinuxMCE-1204/1404_Updates#Upcoming_fixes...  No package listed there means it is NOT available in the repository yet.

J.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:20:14 pm by phenigma »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #605 on: August 08, 2016, 09:46:13 pm »
very nice indeed....is this a new build? if so, where I can download it from? I just updated my linuxsystem, but other than new kernel, I didn't see anything for qorbiter.
Since you also went to TV-Shows, I found the way you selected the episodes very interesting. I admit, it has been a while since I looked into that section, but I will try. Before I always had trouble finding the proper episode other than in fileview.

Thanks!

The tv shows in my db have been run through the auto-tagger, so they have metadata which allows browsing using the tv filter.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 09, 2016, 04:59:56 pm »
ok, I opened a new thread for the auto-tagger.
Qorbiter on my second device is still not working. I cannot browse any kind of media. I did as you suggested. I downloaded the latest build I can get my grubby hands on. I uninstalled the old one from the phone, installed the new one. Upon opening I select the proper device, but I don't get any media presented. The rest seems to work. Having my tablet and my phone set to TV-Set and starting VDR, both are properly synchronised.

One other thing I came across checking the youtube-videos. I had asked you before about the built-in mediaplayer. I just wanted to check this again, but I cannot select "This Device" anymore. Right now I can switch between the areas in the house, but thats it.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #607 on: August 09, 2016, 06:29:19 pm »
ok, I opened a new thread for the auto-tagger.
Qorbiter on my second device is still not working. I cannot browse any kind of media. I did as you suggested. I downloaded the latest build I can get my grubby hands on. I uninstalled the old one from the phone, installed the new one. Upon opening I select the proper device, but I don't get any media presented. The rest seems to work. Having my tablet and my phone set to TV-Set and starting VDR, both are properly synchronised.

One other thing I came across checking the youtube-videos. I had asked you before about the built-in mediaplayer. I just wanted to check this again, but I cannot select "This Device" anymore. Right now I can switch between the areas in the house, but thats it.

Did you also 'clear settings' in the advanced screen?

-golgoj4

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 09, 2016, 06:43:37 pm »
Yep

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #609 on: August 10, 2016, 05:59:54 pm »
Ok.... im a bit at a loss for why its not working. Bear with me if my questions seem stupid.

*Are there scenarios under media?
*If there are, do they not respond when clicked?
*What happens when you change rooms?

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 10, 2016, 08:00:42 pm »
No problem..I am just as interested in figuring this out as you...
there are Scenarios
They do react and respond when clicked
No matter what room I change to...from that qorbiter, I can't get to any media.
For example : Internet radio- I see no stations with that orbiter in any room. If I use my tablet, everything is peachy.
By the way, I don't know if this is relevant: The Phone runs on Marshmallow.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 09, 2016, 07:11:51 pm »
Sorry guys, for being absent for a long time....so far I still haven't been able to use my phone properly with qorbiter....perhaps I should exchange the device-ids on the phone and the tablet and see, if that makes any difference.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 10, 2016, 11:32:47 pm »
Well, I exchanged the id's, but the behaviour is the same. Tablet is ok, the phone not so much....

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 27, 2017, 07:40:52 pm »
Hi To all,

Any updates on this?, have any of you had problems with the play and pause buttons?.  Pause works ok but if I press play is the same as stop!.  I cannot power up or down any MD from the power menu from this orbiter.

Cheers,

T

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #614 on: December 28, 2017, 11:59:35 am »
Are you able to change the power status of the MDs from a regular orbiter? ie. a Web Orbiter?