Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 287395 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #585 on: July 21, 2016, 07:37:21 am »
ok, I will try that as soon as I'm home.
This morning after I pulled the update for the webadmin, I deleted the qorbiter device, recreated it(with a reload router before and after). I uninstalled qorbiter from my device and downloaded again from dcerouter. After install and first start, however I was asked if I wanted to install an update for qorbiter- is that a new mechanism, or is it trying to pull something from the playstore?

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #586 on: July 21, 2016, 05:43:52 pm »
I have re-activated the play store listing, but the two (should be) unrelated as Linuxmce doesnt officially sign the apk, where as the play store does, essentially making them different.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 21, 2016, 05:52:04 pm »
seems I always get the odd stuff, huh ? :-)

Anyways, I tried the latest build from posde, but the thing still looks the same.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #588 on: July 21, 2016, 05:56:35 pm »
seems I always get the odd stuff, huh ? :-)

Anyways, I tried the latest build from posde, but the thing still looks the same.

Ok. We will figure this thing out....
*Dont delete the qorbiter so frequently, there really is no need.
*Under advanced -> settings is the device number correct? (maybe hit clear settings and restart)

The xml seems to be getting generated, im just confused as to why the heck it wont switch rooms
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 24, 2016, 09:25:10 pm »
Unbelievable ....its working now...I cleared the settings and the device Id.
Nice software...silly user

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #590 on: July 25, 2016, 06:34:31 pm »
Unbelievable ....its working now...I cleared the settings and the device Id.
Nice software...silly user

Not necessarily. I just fixed a bug i discovered where the device ID wasnt being properly cleared when you hit clear settings. So it may have been my fault :)

Happy you are up and running again!

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 28, 2016, 02:53:09 pm »
Hi to all, so to clear my binary logic.. the proper way to update is update core, delete qobtirer orbiter, delete app on android, create new q orbiter, download app from webadmin, setup orbiter on android with device I'd?.  does q orbiter on Web admin needs to be deleted?.
update core, delete app on android, download app from Web admin, update from appstore clear device I'd?

My apologies for so many questions but might give us like me shorted of skills, a way to avoid more problems and help better on the cause!!

cheers,
T

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: July 28, 2016, 03:09:59 pm »
as far as I understood it, that was just my radical behaviour.
to update qorbiter, you uninstall it from your mobile device, reboot, perhaps delete the linuxmce-folder, if it still exist. download the fresh build and install it.
no need to muck around with the qorbiter device in webadmin.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #593 on: July 28, 2016, 10:37:49 pm »
as far as I understood it, that was just my radical behaviour.
to update qorbiter, you uninstall it from your mobile device, reboot, perhaps delete the linuxmce-folder, if it still exist. download the fresh build and install it.
no need to muck around with the qorbiter device in webadmin.

You shouldnt need to remove it from your device. It should install over the existing version. No need to delete folders as the settings are now stored using and non user exposed settings system (the android settings system that your other apps use).

No need to delete existing qorbiter from your linuxmce install.
No need to delete the existing qorbiter from your android device

EXCEPT
The qorbiter installation package (apk) that linuxmce releases has a different release key from the one in the Google Play store. This means it wont let you install from the webadmin and then try to update from google play, and vice versa. This is really a rare case but i thought i would mention it.

golgoj4

tompin2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 29, 2016, 01:25:24 am »
You shouldnt need to remove it from your device. It should install over the existing version. No need to delete folders as the settings are now stored using and non user exposed settings system (the android settings system that your other apps use).

No need to delete existing qorbiter from your linuxmce install.
No need to delete the existing qorbiter from your android device

EXCEPT
The qorbiter installation package (apk) that linuxmce releases has a different release key from the one in the Google Play store. This means it wont let you install from the webadmin and then try to update from google play, and vice versa. This is really a rare case but i thought i would mention it.

golgoj4
Thanks Golgoj. Excellent.  One question, how about the skin.  On your video posted, I saw that it looks different than mine.  Is there a preferred skin or theme?  Can it be changed?

The other thing is that I haven't figure out yet why i´m not able to control my denon volume using the qorbiter.  With te web orbiter is perfect! and as Phenigma mentioned, it shouldn't be related, but In my case it does, not sure why!
Ill Keep testing and reporting along.  So far everything else on my Samsung S6 works ok!.  Great job!!!

I dont know if this is out of bound but is it possible to add support to the qorbiter app for using the Bluetooth? Thinking that with the BT, the media director with BT dongle will "sense" that you are in that room and trigger some rules? like changing automatically to that room or follow you or whatever rule you could think off...... maybe this is better for a wish list post !!! hahahahaha ;D ;D.  Ill drop this idea elsewhere!!! hahahahah... I can already hear the..... get focus!!!! ahahahah.

Cheers,
T

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #595 on: July 29, 2016, 04:27:52 am »
Thanks Golgoj. Excellent.  One question, how about the skin.  On your video posted, I saw that it looks different than mine.  Is there a preferred skin or theme?  Can it be changed?

The other thing is that I haven't figure out yet why i´m not able to control my denon volume using the qorbiter.  With te web orbiter is perfect! and as Phenigma mentioned, it shouldn't be related, but In my case it does, not sure why!
Ill Keep testing and reporting along.  So far everything else on my Samsung S6 works ok!.  Great job!!!

I dont know if this is out of bound but is it possible to add support to the qorbiter app for using the Bluetooth? Thinking that with the BT, the media director with BT dongle will "sense" that you are in that room and trigger some rules? like changing automatically to that room or follow you or whatever rule you could think off...... maybe this is better for a wish list post !!! hahahahaha ;D ;D.  Ill drop this idea elsewhere!!! hahahahah... I can already hear the..... get focus!!!! ahahahah.

Cheers,
T

The UI shifts some depending on what type of device you have. There are variations for large, medium, and small screens. I am working on allowing the user to change it, but its currently selected for you based on the screen size of your device.

Bluetooth...talk to posde. Im not allowed to touch it or something.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 29, 2016, 04:58:53 am »
New Bluetooth interfaces are in the works... But don't hold your breath.  The new device will permit BT audio and that will also include follow me support.  But honestly it's time consuming and that's not something in great supply at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 03, 2016, 04:13:49 pm »
Am i right to assume, that every phone or Tablet needs its own qorbiter device?
Right now i have a tablet and an android phone, each got their own device. The tablet is working nicely, the phone not so much...i cannot browse any media and subsequently not play anything using that phone.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #598 on: August 03, 2016, 05:32:29 pm »
Am i right to assume, that every phone or Tablet needs its own qorbiter device?
Right now i have a tablet and an android phone, each got their own device. The tablet is working nicely, the phone not so much...i cannot browse any media and subsequently not play anything using that phone.

Yes, each device should have its own qorbiter device.

What happens with the phone? It just doesn't connect?

-golgoj4

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 03, 2016, 08:23:41 pm »
It connects but like I said...no media is being presented....like the problem I had before...maybe there is still some old config snag on that phone