General > Users

Need some dedicated testers.

<< < (119/124) > >>

golgoj4:

--- Quote from: maverick0815 on July 24, 2016, 09:25:10 pm ---Unbelievable ....its working now...I cleared the settings and the device Id.
Nice software...silly user

--- End quote ---

Not necessarily. I just fixed a bug i discovered where the device ID wasnt being properly cleared when you hit clear settings. So it may have been my fault :)

Happy you are up and running again!

tompin2:
Hi to all, so to clear my binary logic.. the proper way to update is update core, delete qobtirer orbiter, delete app on android, create new q orbiter, download app from webadmin, setup orbiter on android with device I'd?.  does q orbiter on Web admin needs to be deleted?.
update core, delete app on android, download app from Web admin, update from appstore clear device I'd?

My apologies for so many questions but might give us like me shorted of skills, a way to avoid more problems and help better on the cause!!

cheers,
T

maverick0815:
as far as I understood it, that was just my radical behaviour.
to update qorbiter, you uninstall it from your mobile device, reboot, perhaps delete the linuxmce-folder, if it still exist. download the fresh build and install it.
no need to muck around with the qorbiter device in webadmin.

golgoj4:

--- Quote from: maverick0815 on July 28, 2016, 03:09:59 pm ---as far as I understood it, that was just my radical behaviour.
to update qorbiter, you uninstall it from your mobile device, reboot, perhaps delete the linuxmce-folder, if it still exist. download the fresh build and install it.
no need to muck around with the qorbiter device in webadmin.

--- End quote ---

You shouldnt need to remove it from your device. It should install over the existing version. No need to delete folders as the settings are now stored using and non user exposed settings system (the android settings system that your other apps use).

No need to delete existing qorbiter from your linuxmce install.
No need to delete the existing qorbiter from your android device

EXCEPT
The qorbiter installation package (apk) that linuxmce releases has a different release key from the one in the Google Play store. This means it wont let you install from the webadmin and then try to update from google play, and vice versa. This is really a rare case but i thought i would mention it.

golgoj4

tompin2:

--- Quote from: golgoj4 on July 28, 2016, 10:37:49 pm ---You shouldnt need to remove it from your device. It should install over the existing version. No need to delete folders as the settings are now stored using and non user exposed settings system (the android settings system that your other apps use).

No need to delete existing qorbiter from your linuxmce install.
No need to delete the existing qorbiter from your android device

EXCEPT
The qorbiter installation package (apk) that linuxmce releases has a different release key from the one in the Google Play store. This means it wont let you install from the webadmin and then try to update from google play, and vice versa. This is really a rare case but i thought i would mention it.

golgoj4

--- End quote ---
Thanks Golgoj. Excellent.  One question, how about the skin.  On your video posted, I saw that it looks different than mine.  Is there a preferred skin or theme?  Can it be changed?

The other thing is that I haven't figure out yet why i´m not able to control my denon volume using the qorbiter.  With te web orbiter is perfect! and as Phenigma mentioned, it shouldn't be related, but In my case it does, not sure why!
Ill Keep testing and reporting along.  So far everything else on my Samsung S6 works ok!.  Great job!!!

I dont know if this is out of bound but is it possible to add support to the qorbiter app for using the Bluetooth? Thinking that with the BT, the media director with BT dongle will "sense" that you are in that room and trigger some rules? like changing automatically to that room or follow you or whatever rule you could think off...... maybe this is better for a wish list post !!! hahahahaha ;D ;D.  Ill drop this idea elsewhere!!! hahahahah... I can already hear the..... get focus!!!! ahahahah.

Cheers,
T

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version