Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 286693 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #495 on: May 14, 2015, 08:06:31 am »
Hi Golgoj4,

It worked perfectly!!!!.  Please, let me know how can I help more.  Really appreciated your dedicated time!.

Cheers,

T

Just put it through its paces and report back here. floorplans are in the latest build, i have some styling to fix then on to getting mythtv configured to try and get those screens done.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #496 on: June 21, 2015, 12:40:05 am »
New ios build out.

@Pointman, you should be able to install it  now.

Mainly, fixes fonts, though data grids are a bit snappier as well.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

RayBe

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 21, 2015, 12:43:42 pm »
Hi golgoj4,

I tried your latest iOS build, but it still won't install on iOS5 (latest iOS for iPad1).
Thanks for making qOrbiter on iOS happen.

br,
Raymond
When you were born, you were crying and everybody else was laughing.
Live your life so when you die, you are laughing and everybody else is crying.

pointman87

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 23, 2015, 11:03:05 pm »
It installs and runs on my iPad 2 with iOS 8.3 perfectly, beautiful piece of software ^^
As i´m new to the qOrbiter, is the updates happen on the app or on the core with lmce-orbiter* packages?

Best regards //Daniel

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #499 on: June 24, 2015, 05:58:25 pm »
It installs and runs on my iPad 2 with iOS 8.3 perfectly, beautiful piece of software ^^
As i´m new to the qOrbiter, is the updates happen on the app or on the core with lmce-orbiter* packages?

Best regards //Daniel

Right now IOS is manual update while some legal issues are resolved. Long story short, releasing to apple app store costs me money (besides the money spent for developer account, hardware) so im doing the math to make sure i dont screw myself / run afoul of licensing. Would look bad to be a highly visible Qt developer who was flouting licensing agreements.

The current distribution method gets us around that (im pretty sure).

-golgoj4

brononius

• Guru
  • Trying to keep it simple and centralized...
    • View Profile
    • OnIrIa - linuxMCE blog
« Reply #500 on: June 25, 2015, 03:22:59 pm »
Hey,

This thread is so long, that I'm a bit lost what the correct way is today to install the Qorbiter. On the wiki, some old/wrong links are located, so I don't think that that's the correct procedure to follow... :-[

Is it still:
  • On the core: apt-get install lmce-qorbiter-skins-android
  • On the phone: go to the webadmin, and install Orbiter For Android Qt5 from there
  • Wait to finish and enjoy

I've recently installed 14, so I'm very motivated to move on with the Qorbiter...   ::)
Version: linuxMCE 1404, running virtual on ESXi

Orbiters: ASUS eeePAD, Nexus 5, Huwai, web
Automation: EIB technology, KNX IP ROUTER 750
Phones: Cisco 7912-7940-7960
Camera's: Foscam POE

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #501 on: June 26, 2015, 05:15:55 pm »
Hey,

This thread is so long, that I'm a bit lost what the correct way is today to install the Qorbiter. On the wiki, some old/wrong links are located, so I don't think that that's the correct procedure to follow... :-[

Is it still:
  • On the core: apt-get install lmce-qorbiter-skins-android
  • On the phone: go to the webadmin, and install Orbiter For Android Qt5 from there
  • Wait to finish and enjoy

I've recently installed 14, so I'm very motivated to move on with the Qorbiter...   ::)

*No more apt-get install skins

Yes!

That should be all you need.

-golgoj4

brononius

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • OnIrIa - linuxMCE blog
« Reply #502 on: June 26, 2015, 05:48:04 pm »

I've just tried this on my LG Nexus 5 Phone...
It wouldn't create a new qorbiter. I had the link on the bottom to create a new Orbiter ending with the '>'. But this wasn't clickable for me. I created a qorbiter myself in the webmin, and then I could select it afterwards in the Phone.

I see 2 problems for the moment:

- All fonts are to big for the buttons. But I remember to see this popping up in other topics/replies. So maybe I'll need to search for this first...
- The installation didn't created an icon on my phone. So I must rerun each time the apk file...

ps i've got another IP then the default one, I had to change the IP 192.168.80.1 to 192.168.111.1. But don't think that this should be an issue.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #503 on: June 26, 2015, 05:57:20 pm »
One day I will understand why people have the need for a different IP address for their cores...

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #504 on: June 27, 2015, 12:17:38 am »
I've just tried this on my LG Nexus 5 Phone...
It wouldn't create a new qorbiter. I had the link on the bottom to create a new Orbiter ending with the '>'. But this wasn't clickable for me. I created a qorbiter myself in the webmin, and then I could select it afterwards in the Phone.

I see 2 problems for the moment:

- All fonts are to big for the buttons. But I remember to see this popping up in other topics/replies. So maybe I'll need to search for this first...
- The installation didn't created an icon on my phone. So I must rerun each time the apk file...

ps i've got another IP then the default one, I had to change the IP 192.168.80.1 to 192.168.111.1. But don't think that this should be an issue.

Is your phone rooted or something? There is no 'one time' install on android. Otherwise you would have to approve the app every time you opened it. As for fonts, I will look into that, maybe we need another build.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #505 on: June 27, 2015, 12:19:42 am »
nevermind recreated the fonts problem.

brononius

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • OnIrIa - linuxMCE blog
« Reply #506 on: June 29, 2015, 02:39:52 pm »
Hey,

I don't understand what the next step is.  :-[
Can I do anything to help/test this?

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 05, 2015, 08:08:06 pm »
I have a question regarding btw built in mediaplayback...at least what I saw in your airport video. I tried this at home. Qorbiter is setup  for my beamer. So I selected the location for beamer and then this device. I checked under advanced, it says media player connected.
However, when I click on media, either nothing happens, or I get an error saying unable to load the screen.
Is that the current state, or am  I missing something?

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #508 on: August 14, 2015, 07:16:10 pm »
There is an update in the works. already in svn, build (both qorbiter AND linuxmce web admin) should be rolling out soon that should deal with this issue. Been lots of work on the issue as you can see in the timeline http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac/timeline

There are some other things to note:
-qMediaPlayer is limited by the capabilities of your platform. What that means is, of you are on a mobile device, there are a lot of videos that just wont play due to codec issues. After spending a lot of time tearing my hair out over the last month or so, this is what ive found.

Audio
-Most MP3's play. Certain very high bitrate mp3's dont.
-Flac, OGG may work on Android, wont on ios
-Streaming audio seems to work fine.

Video
-Specific requirements on both ios and android
  -.xh264 video codec
  -aac audio encoding
  -Bitrate / resolution limitations. A dvd quality file will play. a blu-ray quality file with struggle

Thank you for your patience.
I realize I get quiet and forget to update this thread.
@langstonius on twitter might get my attention
you can also keep track of what updates get released here: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LinuxMCE-1204_pre-alpha

golgoj4

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 19, 2015, 08:31:09 pm »
I got the new qorbiter  and I like the way it looks....however I seem to have some trouble using it. When I want to watch my tv-shows, and select that from  videos, the list seems quite chaotic, so I switch to filenames, but with the new qorbiter, the buttons for this don't work.