Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 286734 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #390 on: July 08, 2014, 04:26:27 pm »
The default download location for qOrbiter are:

http://deb.linuxmce.org/QOrbiter-release.apk latest Qt4 android apk

http://deb.linuxmce.org/QOrbiterQt5-release.apk for the Qt5 version

http://deb.linuxmce.org/QOrbiter-release.dmg for the MacOSX version

Yes, please use these download locations. Sorry for any confusion.

I'll take a look at the file details screen when I get home. I must have bungled something up.

-golgoj4 and its not mine, its the LinuxMCE community's software...i just do a lot of um...tinkering.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 08, 2014, 05:32:19 pm »
Well, qorbiter is your baby, but I know lmce is a team effort.

I can confirm that qt5- version is crashing after the loading screen. I tried updating skins, but no change.
Qt4 works nicely
Cheers!

Esperanto

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 08, 2014, 06:06:03 pm »
What is the correct way to change skin?

I just tried running http://deb.linuxmce.org/QOrbiter-release.apk on a xiaomi mi3 and on a nexus 7 and both give me a skin with what looks a bit to a stone background and overlapping fonts. When I try to create a new orbiter on the mi3 I cannot select the go button because the button to set the general settings overlaps it.

With all the positive comments I saw I must be doing something wrong ;-).

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #393 on: August 15, 2014, 03:51:46 am »
on that main home screen
Choose advanced in from the bottom menu
On the second row, to the far right, press 'Change Styles' *might need to press twice...long story
Scroll to the bottom. Do _not_ choose Data.
Choose smokey
Things should work better for you.

*Looking for android and iOS developers to go down the rabbit hole. Soon Qt5 shall be the only QOrbiter and we will need people with native platform skills.

-Langston
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 28, 2014, 04:40:10 am »
So finally I am back on board with some time to test this...

Just gave QT4 a whirl on my HTC One
  • Tablet UI seems to load. This was happening before and I think you said it was due to the high resolution detected which qOrbiter assumes means you are using a tablet. Is there a way I can force phone skin to load?
  • Using smokey skin, I get "I cannot load this screen at this time. Please ensure that it exists and is error free." when I try to launch TV (MythTV). Not sure if this is expected, but if not let me know what debug info I can get you.
  • Using default skin, I cannot change channels in TV using the scrollable channel listing (I can if I use previous and next buttons).
QT5 crashes on launch.

That's all for now, cheers!

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 05, 2014, 05:09:09 pm »
I just downloaded the latest build of qt5 qorbiter. It downloaded ministro-libs again, but in the end said, ministro could not provide dependencies and closed

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #396 on: September 27, 2014, 08:52:18 am »
I just downloaded the latest build of qt5 qorbiter. It downloaded ministro-libs again, but in the end said, ministro could not provide dependencies and closed

Got this fixed with Thom last week. should be good now.

Sorry been out of town on work.

-golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #397 on: September 27, 2014, 08:54:17 am »
So finally I am back on board with some time to test this...

Just gave QT4 a whirl on my HTC One
  • Tablet UI seems to load. This was happening before and I think you said it was due to the high resolution detected which qOrbiter assumes means you are using a tablet. Is there a way I can force phone skin to load?
  • Using smokey skin, I get "I cannot load this screen at this time. Please ensure that it exists and is error free." when I try to launch TV (MythTV). Not sure if this is expected, but if not let me know what debug info I can get you.
  • Using default skin, I cannot change channels in TV using the scrollable channel listing (I can if I use previous and next buttons).
QT5 crashes on launch.

That's all for now, cheers!

I cannot get this screen to load is a nice way of saying the screen isnt built yet. Trying to look into the tv stuff but last weekend was consumed fixing the qt5 build.

The tv channel list is being looked into as it affects live tv as well.

-golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #398 on: September 30, 2014, 06:20:50 pm »
First, thank you to everyone who has spent a couple minutes providing feedback on qorbiter for android. After some serious thought and discussion as well as observation, I think its time to slow this train down a bit. I dont mean development will stop. Not in the least bit. But, I am guilty of jumping to the shiniest new object. Also, some other things need to be taken into consideration. Qorbiter now has binaries for:
*x86 Linux - Desktops
*Arm linux - Raspberry pi's
*Android
*OS X

Other platforms:
Windows is touch and go at this time...
Sailfish ive just not gotten around to
Same with blackberry
Made my first iOs app yesterday

This means there needs to be both active skin development and testing for all these platforms (no, not right now!) But in light of this, I think  I as a developer have a duty to take this a little more seriously, as its graduated far from a prototype toy. So, with all of that long winded statement out of the way, im proposing that we start working using the concept of agile development. There are many ways to do this, but I will share with you my understanding of this process.

1. Backlog - This is basically the entire wishlist of features. Everything you can think of. It supposed to be weighted by difficulty. A challenge here is to decide on how we deal with features across platforms.

2. Backlog Grooming - Taking stuff from the wish lists and putting it on the sprint task list. You are careful not to overload the sprint with too many tasks. the goal is to get things working within the sprint.

3. Sprint - Development time where things are developed. It could be bug fixes, new features, or a mix of both.

4. Sprint demo - Demonstration of sprint implementation

People involved.

Product Owners - This would normally be the client. They fill the backlog, weight the importance of features (1-5), and test features after a sprint. In this case, its the linuxmce community.

Scrum Master - This person directs the flow of traffic. Part project manager / Part developer the help with sprint planning and normally moderate daily standups (something we cant do)

Developer - Implements features and fixes bug according to the sprint plan.

SO, with all that said, basically I want to do something similar to this where...

*QOrbiter feature list / backlog is put in wiki.
*Tasks get groomed from feature list in wiki, to active tickets in trac.
*Tasks get completed over a 2 week sprint, people test
*Rinse repeat

The tasks could be picked by the community every two weeks for most important focus.

Pros:
More stable releases
Targeted feature completion.
Easier update paths

Cons:
Slower updates
Community decisions can be slow
Requires involvement of everyone (cause you know, its your product)

So, let me know what you think, but I seriously leaning this direction with the first tasks being
*Improve initial installation experience.
*Fix skin detection to properly detect phones / tablets
*Add remote screens
*Fix remote errors in sizing, commands sent.

-golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #399 on: September 30, 2014, 06:22:05 pm »
What is the correct way to change skin?

I just tried running http://deb.linuxmce.org/QOrbiter-release.apk on a xiaomi mi3 and on a nexus 7 and both give me a skin with what looks a bit to a stone background and overlapping fonts. When I try to create a new orbiter on the mi3 I cannot select the go button because the button to set the general settings overlaps it.

With all the positive comments I saw I must be doing something wrong ;-).

i would update your skins. The nicer skin is now the default.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #400 on: October 05, 2014, 10:50:13 pm »
Latest build is up
Tested on android 4.x

*Implements adding new orbiter from splash screen
*Implements switching between form factors. Ex: it is on the phone skin, but you want the tablet one.
  -This is under the advanced menu on both Android Tablet and Phone UI
  -Switched smokey skin to default for Android tablet.
*Added A-Z jumping functionality to Android tablet media grid.
*multiple other smaller fixes.

Please download the new build and update your skins.
This will be released to google play next Sunday barring any major showstoppers.

-golgoj4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2014, 07:57:36 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXMdQb3WMw0
*issues found and fixed
-rotation got broken

Please test and give feed back on these new items.

davegravy

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 14, 2014, 06:30:16 pm »
First, thank you to everyone who has spent a couple minutes providing feedback on qorbiter for android. After some serious thought and discussion as well as observation, I think its time to slow this train down a bit. I dont mean development will stop. Not in the least bit. But, I am guilty of jumping to the shiniest new object. Also, some other things need to be taken into consideration. Qorbiter now has binaries for:
*x86 Linux - Desktops
*Arm linux - Raspberry pi's
*Android
*OS X

Other platforms:
Windows is touch and go at this time...
Sailfish ive just not gotten around to
Same with blackberry
Made my first iOs app yesterday

This means there needs to be both active skin development and testing for all these platforms (no, not right now!) But in light of this, I think  I as a developer have a duty to take this a little more seriously, as its graduated far from a prototype toy. So, with all of that long winded statement out of the way, im proposing that we start working using the concept of agile development. There are many ways to do this, but I will share with you my understanding of this process.

1. Backlog - This is basically the entire wishlist of features. Everything you can think of. It supposed to be weighted by difficulty. A challenge here is to decide on how we deal with features across platforms.

2. Backlog Grooming - Taking stuff from the wish lists and putting it on the sprint task list. You are careful not to overload the sprint with too many tasks. the goal is to get things working within the sprint.

3. Sprint - Development time where things are developed. It could be bug fixes, new features, or a mix of both.

4. Sprint demo - Demonstration of sprint implementation

People involved.

Product Owners - This would normally be the client. They fill the backlog, weight the importance of features (1-5), and test features after a sprint. In this case, its the linuxmce community.

Scrum Master - This person directs the flow of traffic. Part project manager / Part developer the help with sprint planning and normally moderate daily standups (something we cant do)

Developer - Implements features and fixes bug according to the sprint plan.

SO, with all that said, basically I want to do something similar to this where...

*QOrbiter feature list / backlog is put in wiki.
*Tasks get groomed from feature list in wiki, to active tickets in trac.
*Tasks get completed over a 2 week sprint, people test
*Rinse repeat

The tasks could be picked by the community every two weeks for most important focus.

Pros:
More stable releases
Targeted feature completion.
Easier update paths

Cons:
Slower updates
Community decisions can be slow
Requires involvement of everyone (cause you know, its your product)

So, let me know what you think, but I seriously leaning this direction with the first tasks being
*Improve initial installation experience.
*Fix skin detection to properly detect phones / tablets
*Add remote screens
*Fix remote errors in sizing, commands sent.

-golgoj4

Seems like a great direction to me.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #403 on: October 17, 2014, 06:34:02 pm »
*Implements adding new orbiter from splash screen
*Implements switching between form factors. Ex: it is on the phone skin, but you want the tablet one.
  -This is under the advanced menu on both Android Tablet and Phone UI
  -Switched smokey skin to default for Android tablet.
*Added A-Z jumping functionality to Android tablet media grid.
*multiple other smaller fixes.

Anyone besides me tested these yet?

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 17, 2014, 06:54:46 pm »
Not yet, I'll be updating and testing this weekend!

J.