Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 286689 times)

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2013, 11:22:00 pm »
Build 70 looks the same.

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2013, 06:24:45 am »
I tell ya, its those missing svn files that kill ya...try again at your leisure sir.

Good Day.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2013, 12:57:11 pm »
Langston,

Downloaded the new APK, script, etc.
connected with the new qorbiter, i get the default skin. saw nothing about "starting audio service" selected smokey skin, saw "Starting audio service"

In the power menu, i still get crashes when selecting "Display on/off" but none when i select "Turn MD on/off"
Defintly have a more stable (and slower) datagrid. and the same speed when i sit at home via wifi, or at work, via 3g and vpn

When i press Advanced, Media test, from my work (over vpn/3g) i get media playback, and at the same time qorbiter crashes.
Tonight, i will try this via wifi.

Langston, keep up the good work!

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2013, 04:15:52 pm »
Langston,

Downloaded the new APK, script, etc.
connected with the new qorbiter, i get the default skin. saw nothing about "starting audio service" selected smokey skin, saw "Starting audio service"

In the power menu, i still get crashes when selecting "Display on/off" but none when i select "Turn MD on/off"
Defintly have a more stable (and slower) datagrid. and the same speed when i sit at home via wifi, or at work, via 3g and vpn

When i press Advanced, Media test, from my work (over vpn/3g) i get media playback, and at the same time qorbiter crashes.
Tonight, i will try this via wifi.

Langston, keep up the good work!

Not really so good if it always crashes.  :-\

Thanks for your patience.
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 25, 2013, 04:59:24 pm »
Langston, did you also change something with the screen rotation? (landscape/portrait)
This seems to go much better for me.

Anton

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2013, 05:49:38 pm »
Langston, did you also change something with the screen rotation? (landscape/portrait)
This seems to go much better for me.

Anton

Yeah I had to take the nasty step of forcing a repaint on rotation. Something weird going on with the qt / android integration on rotation. Forcing a screen redraw solves it, but its not instant.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2013, 05:57:03 pm »
Yeah! Skin loads appropriately now, orientation changes work correctly, audio starts streaming on button push (but it crashes the orbiter). The screen rotation works really well. Odd about having to force a redraw.

I've never had problems with a buggy data-grid so I can't test that one.

All this on Nexus 4 over WiFi.

Yeah, I've had problems where I checked in files I shouldn't or forgot to check in some I needed. I ended up putting in a continuous integration build system (CruiseControl.Net) at one of my jobs that would completely wipe out the entire source tree and check it out fresh every time just to ensure that this problem wouldn't occur past a single checkin. :)

Is there any particular area of code you need help with? Just let me know a small area I can get my feet wet in and I'll check it out.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 25, 2013, 10:39:21 pm »
I have the same as WhateverFits, Audio plays, but qorbiter crashes. At home, over wifi

For me the screen rotation is working perfectly, almost instant, just like other apps. This is running on my Nexus4
On my Desire HD, it's a little slow. But also about the same as other apps.

Just the redraw is not a pretty sight...

Langston, thank you for you patience with us lousy and lazy testers (yes i speak only for myself) ;)

Anton

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #233 on: October 26, 2013, 01:33:02 am »
Yeah! Skin loads appropriately now, orientation changes work correctly, audio starts streaming on button push (but it crashes the orbiter). The screen rotation works really well. Odd about having to force a redraw.

I've never had problems with a buggy data-grid so I can't test that one.

All this on Nexus 4 over WiFi.

Yeah, I've had problems where I checked in files I shouldn't or forgot to check in some I needed. I ended up putting in a continuous integration build system (CruiseControl.Net) at one of my jobs that would completely wipe out the entire source tree and check it out fresh every time just to ensure that this problem wouldn't occur past a single checkin. :)

Is there any particular area of code you need help with? Just let me know a small area I can get my feet wet in and I'll check it out.

Thanks for all the hard work!

My problem was more not checking myself. I QtCreator setup so i can push right to devices, and a local jenkins instance that does the builds people download from the web (builds locally then pushes to server). I was missing one freaking manifest file that I forgot that I had pushed over.

Anyways, try not to press that button that says media test (likely going away anyhow this weekend). Going to just try and do as much as possible this weekend.

As far as stuff to do, there is tons. But the stuff that needs the most attention is the actual qml pages.

-Langston

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2013, 12:00:06 am »
Updated pushed...

now if i could remember what i did.

*changed the phone homescreen to make buttons bigger
*added ability to get screenshot to smokey
*added zoom & aspect for video in smokey
*added a fallback screen for mediatypes that dont have a details page implemented yet.
*added support for browsing photos.

*found ugly bug that happens when its reset repeatedly.
*so far unable to reproduce the crash when power button is pressed.

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2013, 10:59:22 pm »
*added a fallback screen for mediatypes that dont have a details page implemented yet.

Power screen is working fine for me now. You must have fixed it by accident. ;) Looks great! I think it might even work. My boxes are a little nit-picky on WOL stuff so it is hard to test properly.

Where is the zoom & aspect in video? I don't see it.

Photo screen shows that I have 7,405,615 photos but doesn't show any. I have doubts about me actually having that many photos. I have a ton, but not that many.

I started some audio, hit "Play All" (several hundred to a few thousand songs, I didn't check). The display never showed the remote nor any feedback that it was playing. I might have hit "Play All" twice due to no feedback. Then it attempted to draw the main screen's mini status and crashed. I started it back up and it displayed just fine. At the moment of crash, it was drawing the status and I tapped on "Media" simultaneously. My guess is that it was the two events together that caused the crash.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2013, 11:53:48 pm »
Updated pushed...

now if i could remember what i did.

Things i notice:
- Start of app is faster
- Still a crash when i use Display On, or Display Off from the power menu
- Media test button does not work anymore
- Dont see any pictures / photos
- Buttons are the same size
- Screenshots work
- Zoom and Aspect work
- In general the app feel much faster

Anton

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2013, 01:03:53 am »
I saw this before, just never said it here, but i like to use the "filename sort" browsing, but when i am in some folder, i cannot get back to the upper level. i just get an empty screen with only a back button, and qorbiter often crashes.

Maybe it is my setup, because i only have nfs and smb fileshares connected, and no local media on my core.

Anton

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2013, 10:33:12 pm »
Found a bug :

While i was connected to my other wifi connection, i started qorbiter.
It couldn't connect to LMCE, which is correct, cause it is on another network.

While qorbiter is running, i changed my wifi connection to the LMCE network.
qorbiter connects, but doesn't display all the letter on the buttons,

Button's would read "L ghts" "Me  a" for the "Lights" and "Media" button, other buttons do this also
And even some buttons don't have text at all

-Anton

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #239 on: November 08, 2013, 02:07:41 am »
Still in San Fran, but ill be looking at these issues when i get back as well as posting a new Qt5 build.