Author Topic: Need some dedicated testers.  (Read 286728 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Need some dedicated testers.
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2013, 02:10:12 am »
Ofcourse,

if i select the smokey skin, the loading screen is black with the buttons on top, but the main screen is the default skin

Did you download it from the new location? see:beginning of the thread.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2013, 02:20:25 pm »
Did you download it from the new location? see:beginning of the thread.

-golgoj4

Oops, i didn't... However, now i just downloaded both the qt4 apk's, but both don't start on my Nexus4, crash at startup.
I did already update the skins again... (with the script langstonball.com/qorbiter/setupQorbiter.sh)

Before i updated to apk's from the new location (docs.langstonball.com/view/Android/) i had similar issues to 'bherbie'
But i noticed it only if i was playing media, and then start qorbiter, i get an empty screen. (only the background)

My Razzr met an untimely death and I now have a Motorola Moto X running android 4.2.2 and testing the qt4 nightly build.  This is a screen shot of what I get, nothing more and nothing less.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2013, 04:00:48 pm »
Ok well I think I fixed the crash problem. Somehow my testing box and builder got some building options out of sync. it should be good now.

The other problem seems like its the skins, but I cant quite figure out why. Will test it more later today.

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2013, 04:26:42 pm »
Just downloaded the new APK (opengl) this is working for me
Even the skin problem is fixed! Thnx, will continue testing

As a side question, is it somehow possible to use the smokey skin on lower resolution devices?

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2013, 09:06:16 pm »
The only current problem I haven't yet reported is that it crashes when I exit. I click Exit and I get an error that the application has stopped. True, but not 100%.  :D

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2013, 09:40:06 pm »
The Linux desktop qorbiter segfaults on exit, related?

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 4

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re:
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2013, 11:07:08 pm »
The Linux desktop qorbiter segfaults on exit, related?

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 4

totally related..

to me not shutting threads down properly on exit

there, i said it...

:D

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2013, 04:53:45 pm »
A little lazy on the thread management, huh? ;)

I've noticed one small problem when I rotate the screen: it hours to a black screen and can take upward of 10 seconds to return to a functional state. Sometimes it never returns or I get too impatient and never see it return. Is there any option that forces the screen into landscape mode?

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2013, 02:42:35 am »
A little lazy on the thread management, huh? ;)

I've noticed one small problem when I rotate the screen: it hours to a black screen and can take upward of 10 seconds to return to a functional state. Sometimes it never returns or I get too impatient and never see it return. Is there any option that forces the screen into landscape mode?

what skin?

as far as the threads, well its a lot of moving parts and im still not settled on the current implementation.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2013, 03:18:07 am »
On my Nexus4 this also happens, and i use the smokey skin. But when i rotate again, most of the times it comes back.

On My Desire HD i use the default skin (the only one i can choose), and the screen blacks out when i rotate, but come back fairly quickly (within 1 second). Pretty normal i think. Sometimes after rotating the buttons are displayed multiple times, the disappear after a new background has been loaded.

Another few small things that i have noticed on the Nexus with the smokey skin.

- If in portrait, the exit button is almost not visible, it falls of the edge of the screen, and only the "E" is showing.
- While in portait the photo's seem to get streched to fit in the screen
- The power button is not (yet) working
- Maybe it is because i only have 1 user defined, but if i select the user menu, i get only a blank green screen with a close button.
- When i select a different room, for example, change from living room to bedroom, i tap location, i see the screen with all location, then select bedroom, then i get another screen where i can only select my bedroom.
- When selecting media, then video, it takes some time to display the "TV Shows" and "Movies" buttons (about 2 seconds), while the "Filename Sort" button is displayed instantanious.
- qt4 always crashes when i press "Filename Sort" before the other buttons (TV Shows, Movies, etc) are displayed
- Often i see crashes when selecting "TV Shows". The crash happens while loading all shows. The crash happens at about 950 of 1389 shows. Maybe i somewhere have a problem in my tvshows. I dont use this view function, because it is not the most handy view for me. If i have 200 episodes of the same TV Show, i get 200 items with only that shows title. I hope this could be reduced to 1 item. Mostly i use "Filename Sort" and it is
- While in a Media view (TV Shows, Movies, Audio) i cannot press the back button to go back to the main screen.
- While in a Media view, when i press the home button, the main screen comes up, but still with the media menu pressed (the buttons Video, Audio, Radio, etc are still displayed)

I already requested this, but i want to write it again, to keep all things in this post
- I hope to see the smokey skin working on more devices (my HTC Desire HD), if there is anything i can do to help with this, please point me into the right direction.
- A Viewed/Unviewed function for media

Keep up the good work!
Qorbiter is very snappy and reponsive. and imho very good looking with the smokey skin

Anton

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2013, 05:31:39 pm »
On my Nexus4 this also happens, and i use the smokey skin. But when i rotate again, most of the times it comes back.

On My Desire HD i use the default skin (the only one i can choose), and the screen blacks out when i rotate, but come back fairly quickly (within 1 second). Pretty normal i think. Sometimes after rotating the buttons are displayed multiple times, the disappear after a new background has been loaded.

Another few small things that i have noticed on the Nexus with the smokey skin.

- If in portrait, the exit button is almost not visible, it falls of the edge of the screen, and only the "E" is showing.
- While in portait the photo's seem to get streched to fit in the screen
- The power button is not (yet) working
- Maybe it is because i only have 1 user defined, but if i select the user menu, i get only a blank green screen with a close button.
- When i select a different room, for example, change from living room to bedroom, i tap location, i see the screen with all location, then select bedroom, then i get another screen where i can only select my bedroom.
- When selecting media, then video, it takes some time to display the "TV Shows" and "Movies" buttons (about 2 seconds), while the "Filename Sort" button is displayed instantanious.
- qt4 always crashes when i press "Filename Sort" before the other buttons (TV Shows, Movies, etc) are displayed
- Often i see crashes when selecting "TV Shows". The crash happens while loading all shows. The crash happens at about 950 of 1389 shows. Maybe i somewhere have a problem in my tvshows. I dont use this view function, because it is not the most handy view for me. If i have 200 episodes of the same TV Show, i get 200 items with only that shows title. I hope this could be reduced to 1 item. Mostly i use "Filename Sort" and it is
- While in a Media view (TV Shows, Movies, Audio) i cannot press the back button to go back to the main screen.
- While in a Media view, when i press the home button, the main screen comes up, but still with the media menu pressed (the buttons Video, Audio, Radio, etc are still displayed)

I already requested this, but i want to write it again, to keep all things in this post
- I hope to see the smokey skin working on more devices (my HTC Desire HD), if there is anything i can do to help with this, please point me into the right direction.
- A Viewed/Unviewed function for media

Keep up the good work!
Qorbiter is very snappy and reponsive. and imho very good looking with the smokey skin

Anton

1) Thank you for doing so much testing
2) User menu is a known issue
3) I will look into and see if I can track down the issues related to the crashes
4) Do you know about autotagger? It helps with assigning meta data to media. (ie breaking tv shows down into episode & season, setting media subtypes for movies and other video media. only for videos)
5) I will look into the weird behavior you are experiencing on the different sorting options.

-Langston

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2013, 09:52:25 pm »
1) Thank you for doing so much testing
2) User menu is a known issue
3) I will look into and see if I can track down the issues related to the crashes
4) Do you know about autotagger? It helps with assigning meta data to media. (ie breaking tv shows down into episode & season, setting media subtypes for movies and other video media. only for videos)
5) I will look into the weird behavior you are experiencing on the different sorting options.

-Langston

1) No problem, i use qOrbiter every day
2) Good to know
3) Thank you
4) Yes, but lately it seems to hang also. i did not have time to check what is happening.
5) Today the weirdest thing happend, i connected to my open wifi, and via a vpn connected to my linuxmce network, and the waiting problems didn't exist... i will look into it why this is happening.

Anton

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2013, 01:06:17 pm »
When qorbiter is running on my phone, and i get an incoming call, qorbiter crashes when hanging up the call.

Anton

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2013, 05:00:51 pm »
Still working on things, updates soon.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #209 on: October 12, 2013, 05:01:20 pm »
Anyone here know javascript?