Author Topic: HDPVR to MDs  (Read 3634 times)

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
HDPVR to MDs
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:55:06 am »
 I'm trying to stream HD content from a HDPVR over a gigabit network from core to md using xineand the core is giving alot of this:

ffmpeg_video_dec: error decompressing framed   0%  3.0s  384kbps 0,     on
video_out: throwing away image with pts 11712475 because it's too old (diff : 380949).

then Xine on the core seems to eventually crashes yet if I view the content on the core there is (not the mds) theres no poblem this is 10.04 the core has 4gigs of ram and 3 core processos using kernel 2.6.38.  when the video runs on the md the sound is always like 2 - 3 behind; but the video and sound is pretty smooth.

Any Ideas on what I can do to fix this?

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: HDPVR to MDs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:33:12 am »
hmm..I'm not 1005 sure, but in my experience, when I tried hd-movies, namely mkv- I encountered problems, when the bitrate of the movie was too high..

darkwizard864

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 05:22:50 pm »
if you set md to vdpau it seems to work fawless on 12.04.
I usally set md and mythtv to vdpau.

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 05:42:37 pm »
my mds are using vdpau and HD content from Mythtv (OVA TV) and media stored on the core (MKV H264 1080p video) works grreat.  The problem I have is connecting HD content to the HDPVR to stream to other areas.  like roku -> HDPVR -> core -> mds

on the core the video look great, but to the md it doest. it even freezes xine on the core to the point where i have to restart the core.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 03:45:13 am »
As I said in channel, this is an issue with Xine not really doing much to ensure that the data gets to the target media directors in time. The whole slave:// streaming method from fifo devices is something of a hack, and while it worked well for the old PVR-150/250/500 devices, it seems to fail miserably with the HD-PVR, we need to find another option that can be realistically used, and if there are any coders who would like to dig in to help, that would be GREAT, as I am currently embroiled between fixing the Telecom system and working on the Weather plugin.

-Thom