Author Topic: LinuxMCE on Playstation 3  (Read 26708 times)

tailspower2001

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: LinuxMCE on Playstation 3
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 12:56:31 am »
I don't know if the if Sony's version for sell at www.yellowdoglinux.com supports Linux MCE; but the PS3 version if Kubuntu does; if compiled for it. It's not on the Ubuntu site so you have to Google it.   

tailspower2001

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 01:51:24 am »
I forgot to add I don't think you need to install any software on the PS3 to use LinuxMCE, I think this because my X-BOX 360 was set-up doring the LinuxMCE install; It saw it and installed all the tools needed for Windows Media Center Extenders.   

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 08:27:48 am »
What are you talking about?

Perhaps you mean that the Xbox360 can see music, videos etc that we stream from our upnp(MediaTomb) server in lmce.

And re kubuntu on the ps3. It won´t work with lmce unless you recompile the lmce parts you need for powerpc(Cell) architecture.
So far there have been some discussion about it noone have ever done a working PoC.

/niz23

I forgot to add I don't think you need to install any software on the PS3 to use LinuxMCE, I think this because my X-BOX 360 was set-up doring the LinuxMCE install; It saw it and installed all the tools needed for Windows Media Center Extenders.   

gollywog

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 09:36:21 am »
Does anyone have a old G4 mac floating around? They are PPC, maybe you could compile the source on that?

Cheers

Gollywog

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 09:24:48 pm »
it also needs endian fixing in serializeclass. When you do that please also fix alignment, that would help on ARM :-) Cross compiling alone is not sufficient. Be aware that Orbiter and related programs for the MD have a huge dependency list.

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation