Author Topic: Playstation 3 through LinuxMCE  (Read 11205 times)

King

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 3 through LinuxMCE
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 06:03:57 pm »
No I know It's the norm, I was just think if he wanted to integrate the Playstation into LinuxMCE by having it control it. I agree completely with what you stated I just was thinking this was the best way to running it which would not have had complete control of the Playstation by his core. Good points.
Core Running as Hybrid:
Asus P5N7A-VM Mobo
On Board NVIDIA Geforce 9300
Single 500G HD
PCI NIC
Currently running 8.10
No MD's Yet
Buffalo Linkstation NAS
Sharp Aquos LC-46SE94U

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 11:18:45 pm »
I agree.

Being able to control a PS3 from LMCE would be nice.

Afaik it´s not possible since the ps3 do not implement a upnp/dlna renderer whic can be controller from external devices.
Neither does it have any form of socket communication that can be used to remotely control the ps3.

It should be possible to use the sone ps3 sdk to create an app that can act a a remote control server for the ps3 over tcp/ip.
Unfortunately the sdk cost a whole lot of money and you also need to sign your code to be able to run it on any ordinary ps3 unit.

Considering the capabilities of a ps3 and the upcoming ps3 slim this would be a really nice addition to lmce to use the ps3 as a output device for audio/video and have a remote Orbiter to control it.

/niz23

buckle

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 11:31:49 pm »
I agree.

Being able to control a PS3 from LinuxMCE would be nice.

Afaik it´s not possible since the ps3 do not implement a upnp/dlna renderer whic can be controller from external devices.
Neither does it have any form of socket communication that can be used to remotely control the ps3.

It should be possible to use the sone ps3 sdk to create an app that can act a a remote control server for the ps3 over tcp/ip.
Unfortunately the sdk cost a whole lot of money and you also need to sign your code to be able to run it on any ordinary ps3 unit.

Considering the capabilities of a ps3 and the upcoming ps3 slim this would be a really nice addition to lmce to use the ps3 as a output device for audio/video and have a remote Orbiter to control it.

/niz23

The only way I know of to control the PS3 with lmce is by using IR.  A UIRT and a cheap IR remote for the PS3 can get it done. 

I'm guessing it would only work for media functions and XMB navigation.

JDFire

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 12:46:48 am »
Thank you all for your responses. You all have given me great ideas. Thanks again :)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 11:05:21 pm »
There is a review of a few products which will take IR commands and broadcast the bluetooth commands for controlling a ps3 at remotecentral.com.

The actual article is:
http://www.remotecentral.com/reviews/ps3_control_roundup/index.html

tailspower2001

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009, 01:53:41 am »
If it was like my how I Installed my X-BOX 360 in Linux MCE you have no software in install on your PS3.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 03:48:13 am »
"Installed your X-Box 360 in LinuxMCE?"

-Thom