Author Topic: video issues with mce  (Read 4915 times)

cperk4

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
video issues with mce
« on: October 16, 2013, 12:05:13 am »
How do i switch from vga to hdmi?  the 12345 or qwerty options do not work on avwizard.  i originally installed mce on my flat screen but a friend said to install it on a pc monitor first.  so i re-installed using a monitor and i want to switch video display back to the tv.  when i plug in the hdmi cable to the tv i can see mce start to boot but after all the lines of txt i have nothing.  i have tried all of the options from the avwizard and i get nothing.  also i am not able to install any updates bug fixes or security update via sudo apt-get update or from kde desktop.

Dap-P

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: video issues with mce
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 12:42:32 am »
You can change the video output of AVWizard with 12345, but also with QWERT
From what i remember, this selects other outputs (alternative)

Anton

seth

• Guru
  • A day w/o LinuxMCE is like a day w/o sunshine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 09:08:11 pm »
Hello.

You can try to ssh to the new MCE server build, after it has come up.

Code: [Select]
ssh 192.168.80.1
sudo su -
/usr/pluto/bin/RebootWithAVWizard.sh

And then go through setup again.

Or if you have a keyboard plugged into it, hold down the left shift key on boot, should acheive the same thing.

Regards,

Seth

".....Because Once you've LinuxMCE'd....."
System stats located at my user page:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Seth

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 09:13:36 pm »
If you have a stand-alone orbiter configured (e.g. a tablet, or running on your Android or iOS device), you can also tap the Advanced menu (logo), and tap "Video Wizard"

-Thom

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 01:53:13 am »
If you have a stand-alone orbiter configured (e.g. a tablet, or running on your Android or iOS device), you can also tap the Advanced menu (logo), and tap "Video Wizard"

-Thom

I dont have video wizard implemented on android you insensitive clod!!

/slashdotmeme

:)
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

cperk4

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 04:20:13 am »
unfortunately re-running the av-wizard has not allowed me to switch from vga to pick up my hdmi cable.  i know it works on my tv because i originally installed it using my tv but a friend advised me to re-install with a pc monitor because of resolution issues so i did and now i cant switch back to tv.  if i boot with tv hooked up i see the pc start and then a bunch of lines of txt then nothing even after trying the 12345 and qwert options.  i do not have any orbiters set up yet.  im in process of getting one going on my android but i am unsecessful as of yet.  my phone just keeps trying to connect to the default ip which is correct but wont connect.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 08:05:35 am »
unfortunately re-running the av-wizard has not allowed me to switch from vga to pick up my hdmi cable.  i know it works on my tv because i originally installed it using my tv but a friend advised me to re-install with a pc monitor because of resolution issues so i did and now i cant switch back to tv.  if i boot with tv hooked up i see the pc start and then a bunch of lines of txt then nothing even after trying the 12345 and qwert options.  i do not have any orbiters set up yet.  im in process of getting one going on my android but i am unsecessful as of yet.  my phone just keeps trying to connect to the default ip which is correct but wont connect.

Hi... just to get clarity - you say if you boot with tv hooked up... By that, you mean you power on your MD after plugging in your TV? The same MD that currently works with a pc monitor? Are you sure you are re-running Avwizard? It won't happen by default on boot... it only happens if you use one of the methods outlined by the others - "RebootWithAVWizard.sh" or the "Video Wizard" from another orbiter or something like that. Can you confirm this *is* the method of reboot you're using?

What is the last of the "lines of text" you see. Also try pressing the "Esc" key when the text has stopped scrolling. That shows detail on what the system is trying to do on boot up which could help us figure out what's going wrong.

It's very surprising that AVWizard is not running fine if it's run before and you've seen it on the TV. Very odd!

If we've tried everything else, you can always rebuild the MD image from the web admin and start again.... but that should be last resort.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 03:22:09 pm »
Copy your xorg.conf file to a safe place, delete it and then reboot.  This is how l3mce advised people to do this.  J.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk