Author Topic: Transmission torrent on LinuxMCE  (Read 33151 times)

robwoodward75

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Transmission torrent on LinuxMCE
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 12:17:08 pm »
Hi gbutters,

I'm still on 10.04, and haven't got any way of testing and developing for 12.04 at the moment, can anyone else help with what this error is, as I don't know what's changed between the two releases.

"Can't find any matching row in the user table" sounds like a MySQL error, but the first user based MySQL query in the post install script Jason has posted is on line 45, not line 1?!
Code: [Select]
mysql -e "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON transmission_links.* TO 'transmission'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '';"
That aside, a quick google turned up that it is to do with the user table and privileges bit, which means the following lines may give issues:
mysql -e "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON transmission_links.* TO 'transmission'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '';"
mysql -e "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON transmission_links.* TO 'transmission'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY '';"
mysql -e "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON transmission_links.* TO 'transmission'@'192.168.80.*' IDENTIFIED BY '';"

Only trouble is, I've no idea which one!!  You could try running each of these lines as root in a terminal to see which ones fails?! 

Have you got your Core set to static:192.168.80.1?  Just thinking aloud, if this is a test box, and I've unfortunately hard-coded in 192.168.80.*, then there's an opportunity to improve the script by grabbing the internal address from the machine and inserting that instead of assuming no-one will change it?!  Not sure this would cause a fail in the user grants however?!!

Sorry I can't be of more help?!

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 11:03:07 pm »
Sounds like you've done the work to include the transmission pages into the LinuxMCE, if only my "Add Software" section worked, I could add the "official" version in!!  (my "Add Software" is completely empty, so haven't been able to add anything from there since I built the damn thing!!)

I still need to test installing, but the initial commits are made.  Thank you so much for doing the initial leg work!

J.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 11:03:56 pm »
Install fails on 1204.

Setting up lmce-transmission-client (2.0.0.46.13091728061) ...
ERROR 1133 (42000) at line 1: Can't find any matching row in the user table
dpkg: error processing lmce-transmission-client (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
 lmce-transmission-client
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Okay, I'll look into this.  I apologize that I hadn't done any install testing yet.

J.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 11:07:30 pm »
"Can't find any matching row in the user table" sounds like a MySQL error, but the first user based MySQL query in the post install script Jason has posted is on line 45, not line 1?!

I'll check these lines for proper syntax.  As I've indicated, I haven't done an install test on the package yet.

J.

gbutters

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 01:03:46 am »
Okay, I'll look into this.  I apologize that I hadn't done any install testing yet.

J.

Also looks like it needs a predepends on transmission-daemon package.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Transmission torrent on LinuxMCE
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 01:34:40 am »
The pre depends should be there.  I'll double check the package definition.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

robwoodward75

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 09:50:12 am »
I'll check these lines for proper syntax.  As I've indicated, I haven't done an install test on the package yet.

J.

I ran the following lines (substituting transmission user with test user) on my installation, all of which executed OK, so I believe the syntax on those lines are correct?!
mysql -e "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON transmission_links.* TO 'test'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '';"
mysql -e "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON transmission_links.* TO 'test'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY '';"
mysql -e "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE ON transmission_links.* TO 'test'@'192.168.80.*' IDENTIFIED BY '';"

Could we do with someone on 10.04 testing it too, see if the issues are related only to 12.04, or if it's a generic issue?!

Thank you so much for doing the initial leg work!

You're welcome, but it was as much for myself as anyone else!!!  Save's me a lot of bother when upgrading to 12.04 when it's stable!!!  Just need to convince you LinuxMCE Gods of other tweaks I've made now to save me doing anything at all after the upgrade!!!!

Rob.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2013, 08:39:21 pm »
So I've fixed a bunch of errors in the postinst script and fixed the predepends (transmission-daemon instead of transmission, my bad).  Things will likely work after the repo is updated.  The proper installation method is to choose Core from the Wizard in webadmin, select transmission and press Save.  This will ensure the appropriate webadmin pages are activated along with the package installation.

J.

robwoodward75

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2013, 01:50:35 pm »
Hi J,

I've had a couple of updates now on the Web admin, and each one wipes out all of my transmission work?!  Should this not be part of the install now, or, have I missed the point?!!!  I was expecting at some point the transmission stuff to stop disappearing, or, is this only available in the Alpha / Beta testing of the new release?

Sorry mate, don't want to bug you about it too much, I know you're busy on more than just this "Nice to have"!!

mkbrown69

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2013, 04:11:28 pm »
Rob,

More than likely, your changes were committed only to the 12.04 or trunk branches, and not to the 10.04 (which you're probably running).  The wiki shows what changes were committed where...

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LinuxMCE-1004_-_Changesets
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LinuxMCE-1204_pre-alpha

I see listings of the transmission additions on the 1204 alpha page, but not on the 1004 changesets.

Hope that helps!

/Mike

robwoodward75

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 04:17:09 pm »
Ahr!!  OK, cheers Mike, Thanks for the info.  I'll keep doing the manual re-set thing until I feel brave enough to update to 12.04 then!!  That  probably also explains why others were having problems, and J had to fix it, if I'd written and tested the initial package install on 10.04, and it's rolling out on 12.04!!

Rob.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 11:46:29 pm »
Hey Rob,  mkbrown is correct.  1004 is not receiving new features anymore.  The additions are in, and functioning, on 1204.  We're working on stability and a DVD installer.  J.

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2014, 06:44:21 pm »
This is working great OOTB on my recent 1204 installation.  From here, I was able to get a username and password to connect from Win boxes:  http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,12739.0.html

Is there a trick to getting LMCE to pick up the files and display them?  h.264 file is not being found.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2014, 02:29:35 am »
Not yet.  There has been no additional glue added.  We would really appreciate patches to extend the functionality though.  Thanks for testing!

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2014, 03:14:59 am »
Something like this has been on my list of items to try to tackle for a while.  Like to have something the continually scrubs whatever folders you specify looking for particular media.  Originally this came from someone wanting to setup a photo-booth that automatically added pictures to the screensaver as they were taken.  Seems like a similar approach could be used?!?  Is there a better/preferred method?