Author Topic: Developing a Weather Plugin, videos  (Read 87171 times)

darkwizard864

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Developing a Weather Plugin, videos
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2014, 03:49:34 am »
nice
I can test it after your done if you like.

mkbrown69

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2014, 04:10:19 am »
Thom,

Looks like there's a missing graphic file that's causing the proxy orbitor to crash when selecting the radar button, if there isn't a radar graphic in the feed.  I would've filed it into Trac, but it doesn't seem to use the same credentials as the forum.

In the file here:  http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac/browser/trunk/src/Weather_PlugIn/Weather_PlugIn.cpp

Line 54 references #define FILE_NO_RADAR_DATA "/usr/pluto/share/weather_no_radar_data.jpg"

That file is not present in the latest packages.  Everything else seems to be working fine though!

I've got current conditions going from the ISY driver to the weather plugin, and it's working well. Just working on getting all the forecast stuff parsing properly from the ISY subscription feed, and then that'll be straight forward to feed into your weather plugin.

Excellent work!  Thanks!

/Mike

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2014, 11:51:50 pm »
tschak, ill as he is today, has provided an image and the Weather_Plugin package will be updated in the next 24-48hrs and will include the missing image.  Thanks mkbrown69!

J.

mkbrown69

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2014, 05:17:23 am »
Thanks Thom and Phenigma! 

Much appreciated!  I hope Thom's feeling better soon, so he can enjoy the holidays!

(Unfortunately, you have to get used to it;  when you have young kids, they pretty much get sick every winter for the first 6 years.  Been there, done that twice; now dealing with the "tween" stage  ;) )

Happy Holidays to the LMCE community!

/Mike

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 04, 2015, 02:30:22 am »
Hi

Is someone working on a device template for the USA here? I was thinking of starting something but if someone is working on it already it would make more sense to wait. Let me know and let me know if I can help.

Thanks

Jim

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2015, 02:42:48 am »
And...  If anyone has anything near functional I am happy to work to help integrate that functionality into the system.  :-)

J.

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2015, 10:45:10 am »
Hi J.

ig you hame  some  free time we can talk to make my script more efficient

Cfernandes

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2015, 05:58:47 pm »
If you want to post your most recent version I can have a look at how it might integrate into the system and into webadmin for configuration.

J.

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2015, 03:26:48 pm »
for now I am seeking information regarding the location in the installation table.
and seeking weather information at:
www.worldweatheronline.com

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2015, 05:56:56 pm »
Are these meant to run from the webadmin?  And as far as the installation table... are you referring to the InstallWizard tables in the database?  I'm not sure what information you're looking for.

J.

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2015, 06:09:02 pm »
i need   to know  the city  and state  to find  weather info

i use this query
 "select LC.City,State,Country_code,CC.City as C2,Region FROM Installation LC left join Country C on (LC.FK_Country=C.PK_Country) left join City CC on (LC.FK_city=CC.PK_CITY) left join Region R on (LC.State=R.Code and LC.FK_Country=R.FK_Country"

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2015, 05:17:18 pm »
I took a quick look at this and the API and you can use Lat/Lon, Zipcode, etc. Also this is not free or it is free with complications.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2015, 06:59:56 pm »
It looks to me like there is a free and premium api.  A user could create a free account which will give full access to local weather data with up to 4000 requests per day.  There is a key generation portion of some kind.  I haven't gone through it all yet. 

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/api/compare.aspx compares the free vs. premium.

Looks like a good world wide source (read: should work everywhere that I can tell) that can use postal codes (here is Canada) or Zip Codes (US) or lat/long.

I have not yet been able to try it.  I am still wondering if the php script is meant to run standalone or within webadmin.

J.

SBCC

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 08, 2015, 09:37:14 pm »
I looked into this a bit more. Looks pretty promising. Each user would have to get their own key, which seems pretty painless. Just give them an email address. I don't see any radar data and looks like only 5 days forecast.

Is the intent with the PHP script to do a call to that from device?

cfernandes

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • my company web site
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2015, 11:54:03 am »

the api does not have the radar option, however the site has the following animation that I think I can capture it

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/weather-map/6/USA.aspx