Author Topic: Could someone look at this usbirt setup please, what did i do wrong?  (Read 7469 times)

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Fellas, kind of confused here. I have my core which has the pvr, usbuirt, and the directv sat reciever. I created a template which works.  The tv in the family room has a MD with gyration remote and i use the windows orbiter, but neither sends the command to the usbirt to change the channel on the core or the md.  can you guys take a look at my admin setup and tell me where i went wrong. the template is the "disone" added under the usbuirt. everything including schedulesdirect is setup.  I can send a command in the admin and it works but nothing happens when i use an orbiter.  Thanks in advance.   

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
here's the first floor floorplan if anybody needs and idea of what i'm doing

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
I'd say your ds box needs to be in a room and EA.

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I'd say your ds box needs to be in a room and EA.

thanks for the reply posde, i did catch that and select a room with no joy right after my original post. I saw this post which is what i'm trying to replicate, am i missing something:
I created a template for my satellite receivers, and part of that process was using the original remotes to teach the system the codes. This is the first thing I used the usb-uirt for.

"Once the template is created, you can then integrate it into your system. Where my core is, I have 2 sat. receivers, a roku netflix player, and a usb-uirt. After creating templates for each device, and learning the respective codes into thesystem by using the usb-uirt and the original remotes, I then assigned each device to a pvr150 card on my core, the next step was assigning each sat box to a tuner for mythtv use.

After these were all added/set up through the setup wizard and sarah, I just started building MD's. Now any MD in the house can control the receivers or the roku netflix player through the core.

Signal is sent from MD to the core to start Live TV, and then it just knows from there, which receiver/device to use, and stream across the network.

I have 3 usb-uirt's but I only use one of them to control my receivers and the roku box. The others are on MD's to control AV equipment and the TV's attached to the MD.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Regards,

Seth"

If i select resend A/V codes and select the advance option for the mythtv and select the codes from there it does send the command and works.....how do i do this?
p.s. i saw your paypal link for a coffee, which i'm more than happy to do since you helped me with the zwave a few years back, and i appreciated that. what is the email address for the paypal, because i can't do i through that link.  :)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 07:46:21 pm by Newguy2 »

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Still tinkering with the admin, trying to figure this out.....whatever i do the issue remains the same: i select a channel on the orbiter...myth changes but no IR signal sent from the usbuirt to the receiver. the only time a signal is sent is when i go into the resend a/v codes advanced option.  do i have the receiver under the correct device, i.e. the usbuirt?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
What I would do is, I would re-run the setup wizard, and follow Sarahs questions. She knows where to put the settop box.

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
What I would do is, I would re-run the setup wizard, and follow Sarahs questions. She knows where to put the settop box.

thank for the help once again, i found the other usbuirt that i ordered and it was a hardware problem with the usbuirt itself. Everything is working fine with this one. thank you for taking the time to help once again....what is the email associated with your paypal account?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
pos  aet  theinternet.de

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
link went through this time, check your account.
pos  aet  theinternet.de

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • My Home
I guess hari hacked my footer, so the donations arrived on his account. Thanks for the donation anyway :)