Author Topic: html grabber source  (Read 721 times)

Armor Gnome

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 304
    • View Profile
html grabber source
« on: May 06, 2013, 12:24:32 am »
This could well be a mythtv development issue but it could be helpful to add to the HDhomeRun setup scripts lmce already employs.  This particular TV tuner does appear to be one of the more popular in use by lmce users.

http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/

I am a supporter of datadirect's service, but the difference between cheap and free at times is pretty noteworthy.  I can probably do 90% of the work on making this an easily selectable option in mythtv setup if someone is able to oversee and provide the assistance with the other 10%. 

There are other free guide data sources I have used such as iTV for iOS that with more work could be brought in as well but as the protocols add up in number I would need more assistance.  So if there are other aspiring developers out there looking for a project and like this idea, respond.   
I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.

stedaniels

  • Regular Poster
  • **
  • Posts: 30
    • View Profile
Re: html grabber source
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 12:40:27 pm »
Hate to be a party pooper:

Quote
This webpage is for personal web browser use only. For programmatic or commercial use please contact info@silicondust.com

Armor Gnome

  • Guru
  • ****
  • Posts: 304
    • View Profile
Re: html grabber source
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 09:51:45 pm »
I saw the notice.  I consider what I am proposing would be personal use, I am just having dcerouter/mythtv pull this information off my personal browser for me on my behalf, for my use.

I have no problem contacting SiliconDust for written permission but wont waste their time if I am not able to actually do what I am asking to do.  Maybe it is the exception to the rule but I have found that requests such as this are granted most times, even more so when you are not asking them for any new information. 

So again, I think the information is there and could be fairly easy to access but I am not capable of writing this and getting it into the initial mythtv build that lmce does.  If someone is interested in assisting me I will take care of the permissions and do as instructed with the coding.
I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.