Author Topic: New Ruby editor  (Read 4041 times)

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
New Ruby editor
« on: May 07, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »
So, I was trying to work with Ruby to write drivers for my components at home only to discover that the Ruby editor is, well, horrible. I fixed it so that it resizes to your window size and worked with that until I discovered the actual editor didn't work properly and I replaced it with ACE. I attached files to ticket #1752 if someone wants to put that into the repository or play around with it themselves.

I also used a CDN to source my Javascript for fewer attached files but if those files should be included, then I'll pull those and attach them as well. Let me know.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: New Ruby editor
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 02:39:23 pm »
Oh wow, thanks a bunch, can somebody test this? as I am roughly a thousand miles and change away from my core...

-thom

WhateverFits

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • Sean Walker
Re: New Ruby editor
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 05:44:11 pm »
I've tested it on Chrome and IE10. IE10 has an occasional minor graphical glitch that goes away after scrolling (I think their renderer might have a problem). Chrome works great. I'm looking at doing a bunch of usability enhancements to various parts of the web admin tool over time. Basically, I'm working on every area I have to spend substantial time in that area and that frustrates me.  ;D