Author Topic: USBUIRT not transmitting in 10.04 [solved]  (Read 21330 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: USBUIRT not transmitting in 10.04
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 05:43:35 pm »
I've used the Xantech 286-M mouse emitters for this purpose.

-Thom

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 08:16:36 pm »
J: I don't think it was an IR code as such... not sure exactly what it was.... just something funny about the way I set up the device, perhaps. Possibly related to the stuff-up I made with all the embedded devices in the beginning. Still have to clean that all out of the DB.

Thom: Thanks for the tip- will check it out. I see from Xantech.com that there may even be a distributor on the s. tip of Africa!

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 09:39:24 pm »
Thanks jamo.  Hope things are all still working for you.

J.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
Re: USBUIRT not transmitting in 10.04 [solved]
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2013, 07:16:39 am »
Thanks for the help.

I've marked this as solved because as far as I can tell, all is working correctly. Sadly I can't be sure if the problem was on the USBUIRT device or related to the TV device template that I originally built (and hacked). The reason I can't isolate is that I deleted all these devices and re-added the USBUIRT and then, subsequently, a new TV template so I didn't isolate the problem. I would put it down to the TV template except for the fact that a related issue (see other thread) of USBUIRT dying on router reload has gone aways as well which makes me wonder.

Nevertheless, all appears well in the land of USBUIRT - it is receiving 100% and transmitting as, I believe, it should although I'm still having lots of fun getting the codes right and ensuring the IR is delivered etc etc. As suggested by Thom, I'll probably invest in a dual-head emitter to target my devices more accurately for a start and, do my level best to get discrete codes. Toggle is a nightmare!! My TV goes on and off all the time to the degree that I've taken the power code out of the template and I'm controlling it manually at this stage!

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 09:16:43 pm »
Nevertheless, all appears well in the land of USBUIRT - it is receiving 100% and transmitting as, I believe, it should although I'm still having lots of fun getting the codes right and ensuring the IR is delivered etc etc. As suggested by Thom, I'll probably invest in a dual-head emitter to target my devices more accurately for a start and, do my level best to get discrete codes. Toggle is a nightmare!! My TV goes on and off all the time to the degree that I've taken the power code out of the template and I'm controlling it manually at this stage!

Great to hear that its working!

J.

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 11:48:07 pm »
This is marked as solved but I am having the exact same issue on a fresh install of 10.04.  I dont quite understand the solution and I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2013, 08:44:01 am »
This is marked as solved but I am having the exact same issue on a fresh install of 10.04.  I dont quite understand the solution and I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand.
The reason you don't quite understand the solution is because I never quite understood the solution myself! My contention is that it was something to do with all the other device templates I created along the way. I would get the UIRT working first of all (receiving) before mucking with any transmission. Are you trying to transmit or receive when you're getting the errors?

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2013, 05:16:22 pm »
receiving works fine (altho it seems to cutt out at times), but in general receiving works.  The problem is sending.  The uirt learned the codes from my remote and sometimes testing the commands it'll send, but then it'll suddenly turn off the tv and never send again (even though receiving works).  I believe its the same exact problem you had.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 07:31:16 pm »
I think my problem was somewhere in the original TV template I created (or possibly the pipe connections I had setup beween MD and TV). Are you using an existing tv template or have you created your own? Do you have any other electronic devices you have set up at the same time? I had also built a set-top box template, if I recall, and I think one or both of these or perhaps the audio/video pipes between them and the MD were incorrect.

My solution was to delete and re-create the USBUIRT and then I also deleted my TV template and created a new one (much simpler and more correct) and thereafter it started working. Sorry I can't be of more help.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 07:33:05 pm »
Do I need to make a video tutorial about the pipes system?

-Thom

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 07:45:22 pm »
Do I need to make a video tutorial about the pipes system?

-Thom
Absolutely.... right after you commit my template changes  for that Rii remote ;D
I believe Bushtech has ordered one and you know how he is about things working otb!