Author Topic: Configuration of Linuxmce  (Read 4976 times)

fieldstar

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Configuration of Linuxmce
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:08:51 pm »
Hi :-)

I did the installation and meet no problems what so ever (that i know of), the problem i have and want to solve is how to configure the software. I want to use it first and formost for audio and video in diffrent forms.

I already have a server with smbshare where i keep my files and i want to keep it that way, so how do i tell Linuxmce where that is?
I turned off the firewall (have one on the "outside", I made the user and a roomplan.

So what more do i need to do for it to work?

It´s a mighty fine piece of software but the config part need more documentation.

Thanks in advanced

/Fieldstar

Drice

• View Profile
Re: Configuration of Linuxmce
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 03:36:33 pm »
Take a look at the wiki

If you want to add more storage you can map drives under those directories. For example, if you have another 2TB drive array that you want to use for both public music and your private movies, create 2 directories on that array, let's say: public_music and john_movies. Using a network mount, or a symlinc to a network mount, create a folder such as /home/public/data/music/my_2TB_nas that maps to public_music and /home/user_xxxx/data/movies/my_2TB_nas that maps to john_movies.

http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/How_are_media_files_organized%3F

asgard

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 11:46:17 pm »
http://forum.linuxmce.com/index.php?topic=1323.0

Take a look on this forum first. If you samba server is not detected automaticaly this means
 1) is not on the internal network so you'll need to add a FileServer device under the core with the IP filed set to the value of your samba server and run the configuration script for it
 2 ) is in the internal network but if firewalled: remove the firewall and will be detected automatically in max 10 minutes
 3 ) it's not #1 or #2 but it wasn't detected you can use the solution from #1

fieldstar

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 11:21:16 pm »
Thanks for the help, it worked to add a File_Server.