Author Topic: HAI Omni IIe on LinuxMCE 1004  (Read 3074 times)

steven.herr

• View Profile
HAI Omni IIe on LinuxMCE 1004
« on: April 01, 2013, 05:43:36 pm »
Hello,

I've installed LinuxMCE 1004 and it has detected my Omni IIe panel through the RS232 connection.  Unfortunately, I don't have an idea how to configure the rest of LinuxMCE to integrate with my Omni IIe panel.  Would someone be able to walk me through how to have set up the sensors of the system within LinuxMCE?

Thanks,

Steve

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: HAI Omni IIe on LinuxMCE 1004
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 06:16:55 pm »
In theory the sensors attached to your panel should be autodetected by LinuxMCE afair. If they are not, check http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=738.0 on how to manually add them to LinuxMCE

steven.herr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 08:07:02 pm »
Thank-you posde, I did see that post you mention but couldn't follow it.  Unfortunately, I'm too much of a newbie to figure out what to do.  When I go to admin web site > devices > interfaces the only security tab is see is at the top which has alerts log, mode changes log, status, and view cameras as options.  Can you give me a few more instructions on where to look to add the sensors?

Thanks,

Steve

steven.herr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 04:28:26 am »
I figured out how to add motion sensors under security as well as lights and all are controlled by Omni II RS232.  My question now is, how does LinuxMCE know which sensor is which or which light is which?  I must need to put some information in one of the fields to identify the child objects.

I appreciate any help.

When I get this working, I am more than willing to create a wiki for the next newbie. :)

Regards,

Steve