Author Topic: ZWave - qees reto shell  (Read 4033 times)

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
ZWave - qees reto shell
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:24:26 pm »
I've added two of these to my zwave network and if they work out will be adding more.
They appear fine in lmce as dimmable light switches.
These units can also support power metering.

How do I get the meter readings back to lmce?
Do I need to update the device template? or is it better to create a new one?
There were some forum posts relating to this but I don't know if it is all in place.

If work needs doing I'll get my hands dirty.

-Coley.

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: ZWave - qees reto shell
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:48:26 pm »
Have you checked the DCERouter.log file for "power usage changed" events? You probably have, just wanted to make sure  ;)

I can't recall what the current code does - I know there are some special code to make things work more transparent (like asking for reports automatically, like metering reports for instance). Not sure if that applies to this particular device.

For the next release, I think we will use a ZWave driver based on the open-zwave library. The code is available in ZWave-OZW in our source tree. Myself and hari have been working on this for a while now, and I use this code now instead of the standard ZWave code. It works very well, but does not have some of the automatic setup that the old code has. Not sure how much of that we will add though. So to summarize, if you want to invest your time into this, I suggest looking at the new ZWave-OZW code :)

regards,
sambuca

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 12:59:59 pm »
At the time I had a look for "energy" or "power" type entries in the log but didn't see any.
I'll try adding extra log levels and go at it again.

Is there a particular version of the openzwave lib to use with ZWave-OZW?
ah - spotted it in external.

Thanks
-Coley.

coley

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 03:14:44 pm »
One of my dimmers now appears as an option to monitor/graph energy usage. I didn't do anything to it since.
-Coley.