Author Topic: Episode lists  (Read 3424 times)

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
Episode lists
« on: February 19, 2013, 03:06:49 am »
Looking for a little assistance with tagging episodes under a single title in my on-screen video orbiters.

/home/public/data/video/931.25GB/Breaking Bad Season 1/

Is my file location where I have several .avi files.  To get each episode to show the Season 1 DVD cover art I applied the amazon tags recursively.  What I would prefer is to have the entire season show up in the primary videos data grid as a single entry that would expand when selected like a CD would with its track listing.

How have others tagged multi-episode grouped shows?  I 'acquired' these files so they are in .avi format.  I imagine that if I personally ripped them from a DVD box set then 3-4 episodes would show up as Season 1, Disc 1,  how could each DVD then be joined?

I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Episode lists
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 03:43:11 am »
This is an area where some coding needs to be done to consolidate TV series files. Much discussion has been done about this, and it just needs to be done, it's on my list, as I want to do it, but I haven't gotten to it, yet.

-Thom

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 04:49:46 am »
Thanks for the reply Thom.

In the meantime I think I will just tag these tv series as private so they will not show under other users orbiters.  This keeps the on-screen menus (in the living room) clean if I default the living room onscreen orbiter to another user.  The media is still there but a user change will be needed to bring it up. 

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 04:55:11 am »
One of the concepts we are trying to move towards in qorbiter is the concept of more flexible views. Im familiar with this frustration. Have you tried using any of the sorting mechanisms?

-golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 05:11:36 am »
it would be great if they behaved very much like songs in an album

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 05:25:00 pm »
Have you tried using any of the sorting mechanisms?

I have and under file name I can separate videos from collections.  My videos file location has no subfolders other than episodical containers I create.  This however I have not found a way to make the default view.  I do not believe that when in file directory view that further filtering is capable (only action, directed by, HD, etc) but I am not very experienced with tags and views.  The entire data grid plugin and media identifier is something I haven't looked at much.

QOrbiter btw was looking really nice last time I saw an update.  Just thought I would mention that again here.  I because I have used mine so long am partial to the iOS album view and the ability to "flip" the cover art onscreen and see the track listing.  As you experiment with views, menus and animations you might want to see if "something artistically inspired by, yet wholly your own creative work" would work with your UIs flow.