Author Topic: DSC Security Panel  (Read 4566 times)

DaveSloan

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
DSC Security Panel
« on: February 10, 2013, 06:15:32 pm »
Hi All,

I am using DSC Security Panel with LinuxMce. I have had great success with this as when I arm it through my orbiters, it changes the house mode of LinuxMce and then if someone opens a door or window, all the lights in the house come on. I would like to be able to disarm it through the alarm panel keypad. Currently the keypad will disarm the alarm, but the house mode on LinuxMce is still set to Secure at home, which means even though the alarm is disarmed, if someone opens the door, the lights would come on. So when I disarm the alarm through the panel keypad, is there a way to set the house mode of LinuxMce to Unarmed.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Dave

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: DSC Security Panel
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 06:51:53 pm »
The driver as written will not reset house mode when it is changed via the panel. This is simply because there isn't any code to do this, in said driver. As always, since this is an open source project, the source code to the driver is available (it is part of the device template, and you can change it), and you can alter the code, to send a CMD_Set_House_Mode to the security plugin, when need be. My VistaICM2 C++ driver does this for the Honeywell Vista 15/20 panels that are controlled via the ICM module.

-Thom

DaveSloan

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 06:55:43 pm »
Thanks Thom, that is what I thought.

twodogs

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 04:02:22 pm »
Dave,

It would be great to see a short wiki page on how to use the DSC. Most of the LMCE info is on Honeywell, who stopped making the internet connection module (ebay prices are sky high).

John
http://greenrenovation.wordpress.com/home-automation/
system:
ASUS P5N7A-VM
integrated GeForce 9300
E5200 processor
Fusion 5 lite HDTV card
2G RAM
SYBA SY-PCI15001 6-port serial card
Denon AVR 3805
LG 42" Plasma
Gyration GYR3101
Cisco SPA3102 analog telephone adapter
Cisco 7971G IP phone/orbiter

Newguy2

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:16:36 pm »
Hi All,

I am using DSC Security Panel with LinuxMce. I have had great success with this as when I arm it through my orbiters, it changes the house mode of LinuxMce and then if someone opens a door or window, all the lights in the house come on. I would like to be able to disarm it through the alarm panel keypad. Currently the keypad will disarm the alarm, but the house mode on LinuxMce is still set to Secure at home, which means even though the alarm is disarmed, if someone opens the door, the lights would come on. So when I disarm the alarm through the panel keypad, is there a way to set the house mode of LinuxMce to Unarmed.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Dave

Good evening Dave, which module did you get it working with, the it-100?