General > Feature requests & roadmap

Directv tcp control

<< < (2/2)

ardirtbiker:
Template 2159 (DirecTV HR24 IP receiver) exists but had no control codes.

I added codes but have not uploaded a template.  I did upload an HTML file here: http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,13071.msg94623.html#msg94623.

The codes work but needs some fine tuning.

Dennis

elboy0712:
This is good stuff. I will look at those templates and see if i cant teach myself how to do it. Thanks everyone. I tried the upnp sniffer it didnt pick up that equipment. I assume it is locked down a bit somehow for commercial reasons.

bwhitson:
elboy0712,

Take a look at http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php/topic,11693.msg81593.html#msg81593

The commands are simple but I never got around to making it work.

iberium:
I actually had a working template that i've been using for over well over a year now.  The only problem that i have with it is that mce seems to hold the connection open instead of just sending the commands one at a time.  This causing it to be kinda unreliable and i would frequently have to resend the channels to it to get it to tune correctly no matter how long i put a delay in there for.  also,  if you did a reload,  then it would take quite some time before the dtv box started to accept commands again.  This would also be the case if you used a directv app on a phone,  it would cause mce to quit talking to the box for 15 to 20 minutes.  I don't have this problem on other automation systems that i install (control4, savant, or crestron),  they work instantly.  So it must be in some way that the router is handling the connection.

tschak909:
You need to look at the Panasonic iP camera template a bit more closely, it uses close and reconnect to re-establish the socket.

Furthermore, if the device is ANYTHING besides the simplest RS232 or IP control device, then you should absolutely consider rewriting it as a C++ device.

-Thom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version