Author Topic: Remove scenarios for unused inputs on my TV [solved]  (Read 4119 times)

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
Remove scenarios for unused inputs on my TV [solved]
« on: February 01, 2013, 08:11:58 pm »
I created a TV template for my TV as per the wiki entry. In order to be complete, and so others can potentially use it, I defined all the 11 or so inputs to the TV, even though at present I'm only using 2 of them.

I found that when I regened the orbiter, I now had scenarios for all the inputs on my TV. Fair enough, but I then went and deleted the scenarios I didn't need for now. After the next reload or regen or something (ie soon after!) all my scenarios are back. Hmmm. That's a bit of a pain because my media menu now is rather long with the majority of the buttons being meaningless to me.

Is it possible to delete scenarios more permanently or will the always be regenerated when you regen the orbiter?

Do I have to delete the individual inputs from my TV device that I'm not using? I presume this would not affect the template so I could still later upload the template for others to use if I'm happy with it.

Or should I disable the individual inputs - I see there is a "disabled" checkbox in the device in the wizard.

Any advice?

thanks
James
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:21:26 pm by jamo »

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Remove scenarios for unused inputs on my TV
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11:57 pm »
Don't delete them, just unmark them.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 04:58:41 pm »
To further clarify:

Inside the Web Admin > Wizard > Media Scenarios, any canned scenarios that are created, have check marks next to them. You can deselect them, and the scenario will be removed from the Orbiter on the next generation.

-Thom

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 07:35:21 am »
Thanks Thom, I found that one after much experimenting! Will post screenshot when I get home to help others.

And, in fact, it appeared that the 'buttons" were immediately gone from the UI2 menus although I have yet to confirm this. In fact, I have a feeling that regenning the orbiter brings them back but I'll confirm both of these later.

Either way, my scenarios are gone from the menu and all is much cleaner, many thanks.

jamo

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LMCE user Page
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 09:21:07 pm »
Attached, media scenarios wizard as described by Thom showing my unticked, unneeded scnarios for the unused inputs on my TV.

And even after a reload and regen all the unticked ones are still gone. Sweet.

Have updated the wiki entries I was using to include this tip.  8)