Author Topic: scte65scan with HDHomeRun Prime  (Read 3534 times)

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
scte65scan with HDHomeRun Prime
« on: January 14, 2013, 03:59:33 am »
I feel that I'm so close to getting this working. Can someone help me with the steps needed for using scte65scan to populate channels in MythTV? I tried following the instructions on the wiki but I get "/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0: No such file or directory" when trying to write the vct.sql file. I guess I'm still too much of a newb to assume that I did all of the steps correctly.

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: scte65scan with HDHomeRun Prime
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 12:28:43 am »
I made a good deal of progress today. I'm posting in case anyone else has trouble like I did.

Here were the steps:
Code: [Select]
wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/scte65scan/scte65scan/0.2.1/scte65scan-0.2.1.tgz
tar xzf scte65scan-0.2.1.tgz
cd scte65scan-0.2.1
wget http://download.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/libhdhomerun_20130117.tgz
tar xzf libhdhomerun_20130117.tgz

Edit Makefile.hdhr to add near the top:
LIBOBJS += $(HDHR_DIR)/hdhomerun_sock_posix.o $(HDHR_DIR)/hdhomerun_os_posix.oAdded -lrt to the line:
LDFLAGS += -lpthread -lrtFor some reason nano is not on my system so I used
joe Makefile.hdhr
make -f Makefile.hdhr
./scte65scan -H FFFFFFFF -p -f3 -V 3027 us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 > vct.sql
Be sure to change 3027 to whatever your VCT-ID is
sudo mysql mythconverg < vct.sql
I'm almost three. I might have to tweek my ./scte65scan line because I have a few unknown channels and I'm missing all of my HD locals (ex I have channel 3 but not 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3) Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:42:19 am »
What mythtv version are you using?  The one that comes standard in 1004, our did you modify myth other than you instructions above?  I would really like to see this working and will follow your instructions asap to see if I get similar results.

B34N

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 02:27:29 am »
What mythtv version are you using?  The one that comes standard in 1004, our did you modify myth other than you instructions above?  

Standard. I learned that it's best to stick with what the LMCE Gods provide us.

FYI: I am only using this for clear QAM. I do not subscribe to content that would need a cable card but I did get this unit over others just in case they started encrypting "copy-freely" channels.