Author Topic: New audio scheme, and upgrades (Updated)  (Read 13143 times)

pga57

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: New audio scheme, and upgrades (Updated)
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 09:56:40 am »
Maybe it is because I have no media director on the Core and so have not setup video and audio ?

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 03:33:15 pm »
SetupAudioVideo should still go... but you would have to go through avwiz I would expect to set the card number.
I never quit... I just ping out.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 08:36:32 pm »
pga: the process is not completely automatic, yet.  Couple of things:  After you create the multichannel sound card device you will need to run /usr/pluto/bin/UpdateAvailableSoundCards.sh.  This will fill in the missing device data you are referring to.  Select the proper card from the device data drop down. Next add the stereo virtual sound cards as children of the multichannel card and set the right and left channel #s for these devices.  Then you will run /usr/pluto/bin/SetupAudioVideo.sh.  This *should* generate an asound.conf and an /etc/pluto/alsa/virtual_cards.conf file.  This will create the virtual cards named: Virtual_XXX (where XXX is the device number of the virtual stereo sound card device in webadmin).  Set the Alsa Output Device of your squeezeslave devices to the appropriate Virtual_XXX device.  Quick Reload.

L3: SAV should completely ignore his audio cards and not create an asound.conf, EXCEPT for the virtual cards.  On my test headless core I got a broken asound.conf as I have not run AVWiz and do not plan on it (no mediadirector there).  AVWiz is completely optional.  Therefor SAV should only create the appropriate entries for a mediadirector sound card, xine, etc, if AVWiz is run.

J.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:03:30 pm by phenigma »

pga57

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 09:25:55 am »
Hi Phenigma,

Even if it is not yet automatic, it works and simplifies configuration !!

Squeezeslave work again and I suggest, L3mce, to test it because it is a nice solution to have synchronized audio in rooms. ;-)

Thank's again for your reactivity and help.

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 12:05:23 am »
I am very happy to hear that it is working for you!  Thanks for testing!

J.

bherbie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 03:21:55 am »
Thanks for the great work on the audio over HDMI!  This has always been tricky to accomplish on linux and after I ran the AV wizard, it was up and running!  The problem I experience though is with the multi-channel aac... even after altering /etc/pluto/xine.conf and I can still only get 2 channel audio and no center so no voices...

My newer media is encoded with aac audio so this is something I would like to fix so any suggestions would be great!

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 05:45:31 am »
The problem I experience though is with the multi-channel aac... even after altering /etc/pluto/xine.conf and I can still only get 2 channel audio and no center so no voices...

I have the same issue.  I had everything working under 0810 with no problems.  But under 1004 I get no center channel, it's like it has been removed from the mix.  If you find a solution please report back.

J.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 03:40:59 am »
This is gonna sound nuts... but... in mythtv... somebody hit the "=" key. Please tell me if you experience a change in surround.
I never quit... I just ping out.

bherbie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 03:47:15 am »
This is gonna sound nuts... but... in mythtv... somebody hit the "=" key. Please tell me if you experience a change in surround.

Doesn't appear to do anything...