Author Topic: ELO Touchscreen support?  (Read 5546 times)

screamlab

• First post!
    • View Profile
ELO Touchscreen support?
« on: March 27, 2007, 05:24:31 pm »
This has been an issue for me with Ubuntu, I am yet to figure out how to get a serial ELO touchscreen working.  With LinuxMCE, a touchscreen would be ideal.  The ELO touchscreens I have are serial, so drivers integrating with MCE seems like a simple concept...  Has anyone tried/had any luck with ANY touchscreens and LinuxMCE?

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: ELO Touchscreen support?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:36:05 am »
I have been struggling with getting Elo Touchscreens working with the Debian version of Pluto and it has not been easy- mostly the driver itself is cranky. I am about to try ELO's driver as soon as I'm ready to grind through the process. (the Elographic open source driver that I finally got installed isn't talking to the screen correctly. After it ID's the hardware it goes down trying to sync.)
You can use the touchscreens attached to a windows PC running Win Orbiter just fine. But it ties up the PC. Let me know what progress you make. I can forward what I have managed to get working in Debian if you want. PM me an e-mail. If it were working I would post the process which I will do if & when.

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: ELO Touchscreen support?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 04:40:30 pm »
Update:
On ELO's web site if you 1) use Internet Exploder and 2) register they have a package builder that will build a package and give detailed instructions for installing in a number of distributions. I will be going through the drill later today. Its not quite as simple as an apt-get but it has promise.