Author Topic: Missing Manufacturer and the device templates that went with it  (Read 12266 times)

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Manufacturer and the device templates that went with it
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 03:22:50 pm »
That is where I got with the IP template.   I adjusted the IR repeat and delay times to slow it down... it helps but I am not satisfied with the performance of channel changes.  Its been awhile since ive had the time to tinker with it again.  It also doesnt help that the HDPVR cycles on channel changes as wel . If I change the Sat box with its remote the channel changes are smooth.

Dennis

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 03:29:27 pm »
Not sure if it is applicable, but one thing I did with the VDR plugin was a send only option. i.e. I only send out the command, without waiting for a reply. That has changed the way I can interact with VDRs build in menus dramatically.

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 10:52:01 pm »
I'll modify the STB template to not wait for the reply.   

Dennis

iberium

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Innovative Sight & Sound
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 11:08:21 pm »
I tried the one way operation by removing the incoming data code.  It didn't seem to fix the problem.  I have noticed though that if I ask it to change channels twice then it will work.  Also, looking at the logs, it appears that it is sending the commands, but the box seems to be ignoring them sometimes.  One thing I did that seems to have helped out was in the code for the send commands on the number keys, I put a "sleep 0.5" command in front of each number.