General > Users

Second Hard Drive

(1/2) > >>

agreene:
I have a large collection of ogg and flac files on a second hard drive. I cannot figure out how to configure LinuxMCE to find these files and play them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

webpaul1:
You should have seen a message that says "I detected a new device: Generic Internal Drive (shows drive id)  Shall I use it".  That will add a device 'generic internal drive' under the core.  That should have happened automatically.  If not you can manually add 'generic internal drive' in the admin site.

chronniff:
since I added it under the core I haven't been able to edit anything on that drive (its an external usb) and changing the permissions doesn't seem to do anything.....any ideas?

asgard:

--- Quote from: chronniff on March 28, 2007, 01:32:37 am ---since I added it under the core I haven't been able to edit anything on that drive (its an external usb) and changing the permissions doesn't seem to do anything.....any ideas?

--- End quote ---

Can you cd to /mnt/device/DEVICE_ID from a console ?

agreene:
I reinstalled LinuxMCE and and it recognized my hard drive. It found all (not very many) my mp3 files, but none of my ogg or flac files (which is what 90% of my files are). What did I do wrong this time?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version