Did you get a chance to do any testing Andrew - looking for an Android solution for Dianemo, and see the same issue as reported in this thread with Dianemo and the touch orbiter.
Yes I did. But I obviously then forgot to post an update here. Sorry!
There are some basic issues with this version of the Android Touch Orbiter that are not now compatible with Dianemo and would require a reasonable amount of effort to fix.
However we are developing a new Orbiter that is built in HTML5 and renders its in-screen UI in HTML5 too. See this thread for some screen captures and some details; http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=8880.msg99799#msg99799
There are several major advantages to our new HTML5 Orbiter;
- It can be rendered by any modern web browser or by an embedded HTML5 view in a wrapper App on any device and any OS.
- It renders to a live HTML5 canvas and therefore the pre-rendered screen bitmaps are not required.
- No Orbiter regens are required - ever. As we are not pre rendering screens as all Orbiters have required us to do previously
- It can render dynamic UI elements like sliders or any other control you can imagine that can be coded in HTML5
- Orbiter screens/UI's can be designed & layed out by anyone with ordinary HTML5 design skills - No HADesigner required!
- New Skins can be designed without any programming or low level skills - just HTML5
We hope to ship the new HTML5 Orbiter as a Dianemo update in mid Q4 2014.