General > Users

Android Touch Orbiter now downloadable from Web Admin Orbiters Page

(1/4) > >>

tschak909:
Hello everyone,

The next generation qOrbiter is coming along nicely, and I am doing much work trying to push my current skin project for it, Data, to a more complete state.

In the mean time, until workable qOrbiter skins become available, I have taken los93sol's Touch Orbiter for android, and fixed a few issues with it, and have built it, and posde has placed it on deb.linuxmce.org so that it can easily be downloaded from the Orbiter Download page on the Web Admin.

If you do not have the latest snapshot, you can get the orbiter from: http://deb.linuxmce.org/LinuxMCE-Orbiter.apk

Please test, and let me know how it works,

-Thom

david_a_dawson:
Hiya,

I've been testing this.

I have a samsung note.

I went through setup ok and then encoutered a few problems.

Firstly, the room is not being persisted, I had to set that in the admin site.   
Secondly, the screen seems to go black quite regularly, needing a router reload before I can launch the orbiter and see the screen again (I can't divine the pattern, but is happens quite quickly with me)
With the black screen, the menu is still active, and the little ticker icon appears when I touch, so the screen is there, just being rendered blank.
The steps I went though are to register, set the room, set the screen resolution, set the UI to normal horizontal 16:9 (I tried 3:4 too), set the skin to basic, quick reload the router.
The screen will then display on the touch orbiter, but there is no room/ user selector visible (the bar is at the bottom, just no selector on it...) and when I click a ui element, say VIdeo, the screen goes black.

There's no way to select the correct resolution for the device (1200x800) in the orbiters settings, instead you have to use the admin.

The black screen thing is getting me, as I can't use it while its doing that.

This looks to be cool though, enough until qOrbiter is stable, and enough to let me hammer on with my deployment.

Cheers,

David.

david_a_dawson:
oh yes, and I seem to have to log in every time I boot the orbiter, is there a way to store the credentials somehow?

david_a_dawson:
aha, selecting the 'titanium blue' skin works much better, no black screens, user/ room selector in place.

david_a_dawson:
its actually working quite well, nice and quick.  If I could just store the creds, this is a workable solution to remote controls.

I'll be buying some cheap android pads to use as remotes, happy in the knowledge that qOrbiter will replace it at some future point.

Nice one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version