Author Topic: Z-wave Ceiling Fan Speed Control  (Read 3797 times)

Bobcatt

• View Profile
Z-wave Ceiling Fan Speed Control
« on: December 30, 2012, 02:51:02 pm »
I was curious if anyone has successfully gotten Fan Speed Control working with Z-wave with an overhead fans. I saw one post on the forum regarding using something like a VRF01-1LZ, they seem to be one of only a few options to control fan speed via Z-wave properly.

Are there any compatibility issues with these and LinuxMCE? Anyone using this now?

Any other thoughts? I’ve got two switches already pre-wired to my overhead fans, so I should be able to control the light and fan separately, just want to control the speed also without burning the fan out with a dimmer.

Thanks

Bobcatt

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Z-wave Ceiling Fan Speed Control
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:01:47 am »
I'm using the Leviton vizia rf+ Fan controller.    LMCE detects the device as a lighting control... I tried reconfiguring as a climate device but failed to get it working as such.

I'm not sure of the 'proper' way to go about changing it from a lighting device to a climate device.  If anyone can point me in the right direction, I might have some time to work with it.

I'm also using an Aeon Labs Z stick for the interface.

Dennis

Bobcatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 01:51:27 pm »
Thanks Dennis,

You're able to control fan speed than? LinuxMCE just think's it's a dimmable light?

Thanks,

Mike

ardirtbiker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 12:20:03 am »
LMCE  treats it just like a light (on, off, and showtime), however you can create scenarios to set to   Off, Low, Medium, High (and ON I think turns it to the last set speed).

Dennis