Author Topic: Multiple Outputs  (Read 3350 times)

iberium

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Innovative Sight & Sound
Multiple Outputs
« on: December 09, 2012, 11:12:26 pm »
Is there a way that I can have a device have multiple outputs?  I want to use my directv box hooked up to the living room tv via hdmi and the same box hooked up via component to my master bedroom.  When I try to make the pipes it does not give me an option to add an additional pipe.  If I enable the device to use more than one entertainment area, then I have the option in the additional room but it wants to delete the living room pipe as it already exists.  Is there a work around or what is the procedure to add an additional output to a profile?  I looked in there and could not figure it out. 

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Outputs
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:59:16 pm »
Uncharted territory. I made a bunch of changes trying to get multiple output... and it can be done theoretically, but it hasn't... and more code would need to be adjusted.
I never quit... I just ping out.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 02:50:22 am »
I have my Cable box attached to my TV via HDMI and to my HD PVR which is connected to the same media director.  I then told LMCE I had 2 cable boxes one attached to the TV and one to the HD PVR the result is that you can watch vis the network stream or HDMI but you have the potential to be fighting over channels with the other MD. - this is a work around and may affect your recording if you record with LMCE instead of the Cable boxes PVR

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 06:03:42 pm »
Is there a way that I can have a device have multiple outputs?  I want to use my directv box hooked up to the living room tv via hdmi and the same box hooked up via component to my master bedroom.  When I try to make the pipes it does not give me an option to add an additional pipe.  If I enable the device to use more than one entertainment area, then I have the option in the additional room but it wants to delete the living room pipe as it already exists.  Is there a work around or what is the procedure to add an additional output to a profile?  I looked in there and could not figure it out. 

In Dianemo we have the concept of 'External Sources' which is how we normally connect & control any external device like a PVR or Sat box etc. You could just switch inputs on your Master Bed TV (ie switch to Component) and use your Living Room Orbiter to remote control the DirectTV to select the channel etc. The Master bed would then just see whatever changes you make in the Living room.

Not perfect but it would work.

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

iberium

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Innovative Sight & Sound
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 01:56:15 pm »
I actually think I came up with a workaround, not sure how well it is going to work.  What I did was I added a child device to the satellite box and then set the child devices entertain area to my bedroom.  It now shows up in both rooms and allows me to set the output to different tv's.  I understand that I am still staring sources, but I'll only be watching one thing right now.  Eventually I will get a second box.  I just didn't like the idea of having to add a second device to add an output,  it just clutters up the programming interface a little bit, especially once I start getting my whole system in place.  If there is this output problem, how do you use a matrix where you would have multiple in's and out's.