Author Topic: MythTV users using schedules direct...  (Read 3553 times)

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
MythTV users using schedules direct...
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:24:17 pm »
Pre-requisites...
You have an LMCE 10.04 install
You are completely updated or better yet, fresh install from latest snapshot
You have a tuner recognized by the system
You use myth tv
You have a schedules direct account

So, we are down to 6 or so defects (to move forward out of beta).

One of mine, is that SetupWizard no longer scans mythtv channels. For the longest time... I didn't even know this did that (7.10 days)... and always setup with the utility in computing... because it requires a non-intuitive (to me) step. I discovered sometime using 810 that after you enter your schedules direct info, and it brings up your region/zipcode, if you click that INSTEAD of "Next" it takes you to a set of screens which will scan channels for you. When I see a next button, which comes and goes, I click it when it appears. It makes perfect sense that you would "select" from the list of one before hitting next, or give the ability to click next if there was nothing in the list... it just took me a gazillion installs before it even occurred to me to click it.

My problem testing this, is that I have two tuners. One is a windows only tuner with experimental drivers which use a complicated process... which will not scan unless I can create a package and a device template, and an HDHR. The script was broken that scans HDHR... I fixed that. Now I need for people with other tuners that ARE detected by the system to see if they can scan channels from Setup Wizard using the above method. (setup wizard button can be found under Advanced/Advanced on orbiter)

Please post your result, and your capture device. Let's get this out of beta so we can get something else in ;)
I never quit... I just ping out.

huh

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: MythTV users using schedules direct...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 05:21:55 am »
I have all of these and am in the States (FWIW).  Should have time to get this done for you tomorrow.

THANK YOU for looking into this!

Armor Gnome

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:12:04 am »
I have all if those requirements.

On a fresh install, my HDhomeRun is not detected.  It normally gets detected much later in the install process, after I have completed the wizards and the mythTV setup.

I plan to reinstall again soon however as I am having issues not otherwise mentioned that could be due to update/upgrade.  When I reinstall I will let the wizard screen sit over-night (at "when you can see and hear me") and see if the HomeRun is listed when I get to that section.
I made a wiki!  Click here to check out my system.

l3mce

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 02:35:47 pm »
It has always been my experience that if you "Don't start plugging things in just yet" as instructed by Sarah, once users/rooms are created plugging it in causes immediate detection :P

I wouldn't do an install just for this just now. It appears to not be working correctly. I would appreciate it if you would do so in the future.
I never quit... I just ping out.